This position is responsible for impact analysis, testing, documentation, build, maintenance and support of clinical laboratory information systems while ensuring quality outcomes. Systems include but are not limited to Millennium PathNet, ANSR, ESP (APX), and other ARUP developed software. This position will support specialty areas, i.e. System Security, Client Accounting, Microbiology/Virology, Discern, Charting, Cytology, Anatomic Pathology, Genetics, Laboratory Automation or Blood Bank Donor & Transfusion, as assigned.
This position reports to the Information Technology, Clinical Systems Supervisor.
1. Evaluation, design, build, testing, support, and maintenance of clinical applications/system settings and use (e.g. Cerner Millennium PathNet).
2. Provide triage, troubleshooting and assistance for application issues.
3. Communicate with various ARUP and vendor entities in problem resolution.
4. Prepare and maintain application support documentation, QA documentation, policies and procedures as assigned.
5. Create, execute and maintain library of application test scripts and supporting documentation.
6. Attend appropriate staff or department meetings while providing guidance in PathNet best practices.
7. Strive for continuous improvement in skills related to assigned applications or software.
8. Conduct self in a professional manner at all times.
9. Other duties as assigned. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two years related work experience in the healthcare industry.
- Two years computer related work experience, such as database support, testing, troubleshooting, experience with Word Processing, Spreadsheets, Database, LIS System (PathNet), LAN, etc.
Physical and other requirements:
- Associates degree in computer-related, business or health-related field.
- One year specialty area experience (Blood Bank, Microbiology, etc.).
- Two years PathNet or Laboratory Information System experience.
- Two years software validation experience.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to work all required overtime.
- Must be able to lift 10 pounds.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extensive periods of time.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions.
The good folks at ARUP Laboratories don't grow pale at the sight of blood. The clinical reference lab performs tens of thousands...