Title: Linux Systems Administrator (Contractor)
Department: Hosting Operations
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Reports To: Sr Manager
Come join the brightest, most dedicated, most energetic engineers, marketers, project managers, sales, service, and finance professionals in the Bay Area!
Ariba, an SAP company, is the global leader in business commerce networks, supporting more than $450 billion dollars in yearly trade between over 1 million connected companies. Ariba is transforming the way the world conducts business and is poised for strong continued growth with its innovation around the commerce graph. Every day, we help companies big and small collaborate with trading partners to manage spend, cut costs, reduce risk, and grow revenue. This collaboration is enabled through the Ariba Network, a cloud-based community where companies find buying, selling, and managing cash to be as easy as using Amazon, eBay, and PayPal; Ariba Exchange, a free online place where business commerce professionals network and share information and best practices, just like friends on Facebook; and the Networked Economy Blog, where we share best practices and thought leadership on procurement and financial management topics with companies across the globe.
Our Hosting Operations team is growing. We are looking for a Linux Systems Administrator contractor to provide support to our Cloud Hosting Operations. This is a 6 month contract with a possibility of converting to full-time.
Duties and Responsibilities
Basic Minimum Qualifications
- Installs and maintains mission critical systems running Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Suse Linux employing enterprise cluster applications in a 24/7 datacenter environment
- Installs, configures and maintains system applications including DNS, Sendmail, Bind, SSH, TCP/IP and NFS
- Maintains enterprise mass storage systems and network filers
- Carefully follows and employs change control procedures
- Develops and maintains Perl and Shell scripts to enhance deployment and monitoring framework
- Develops and maintains comprehensive documentation for multiple environments
- Makes recommendations on system and process changes as needed
- Provides support for 24x7 customer-facing systems (shared responsibility)
- 3+ years professional experience administering one or more enterprise level Linux operating environments
- 3+ years professional experience administering network utilities such as Sendmail, Bind, SSH
- Good working knowledge of enterprise mass storage systems
- Hands on installing and managing servers
- Good working knowledge of NFS and NIS
- Good knowledge of operating system internals, file system structures and machine architectures in a Linux operating environment
- Experience with enterprise backup systems
- Experience with automated installation tools such as Kickstart
- Ability to write and maintain Perl and Shell scripts to automate processes and enhance productivity
- Ability to react at anytime of day, onsite or remotely
- Ability to work off-hours for systems upgrades, emergencies
- Ability to solve problems
- Team-player who is flexible and able to work with end-users and production issues simultaneously
- Strong project management and communication skills
- Experienced working in dynamic, fast-paced environment with well-developed practices and procedures
- Experience running mid-size 24x7 production systems (more than 100 servers)
- Proficiency in compiling, customizing and supporting tools and products obtained from source code
- Extensive experience with Netapp filers
- Experience setting up and administering network equipment including firewalls, routers, load balancers and switches is a plus
- Red Hat and/or Suse Certification is a plus
Ariba, Inc. is an EEO/Affirmation Action employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected category.
Ariba endeavors to make Ariba.com/careers accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact email@example.com .
Ariba - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard