As a Systems Architect you will work as part of a highly technical team of professionals who are responsible for all architectural design, development and deployment of cost effective and sustainable technical and application solutions to meet business requirements. Strong organizational skills, technical expertise and attention to detail are key in this customer-focused role.
Other skills : Global experience, organized, team oriented, communicates and influences at multiple levels, mentors team members to build bench strength Job Requirements Job Requirements:
- Is focal point for Engineering Computer Architecture consisting of Systems, Network and Storage services globally. Is fully competent in applying solution sets to Windows and Linux/Unix based environments.
- Uses a collaborative approach to collect business requirements and uses the information to set strategy
- Audit and validate infrastructure viability and compliance with original architecture / design through oversight on project implementation.
- Works across the global Engineering Services practices and communities to set and implement ESS solutions strategies.
- Translate business requirements using complex methods/models to determine appropriate system solutions.
- Work within a cross-functional team to provide technical expertise in the design and planning of system solutions.
- Maximize the performance, uptime, and supportability, of Engineering Compute farm.
- This individual will apply in-depth knowledge to solve broad issues that are complex in scope, and establish medium to long- range plans.
- Uses knowledge gained through active RCA participation to roll learning into roadmaps
- Establish and implement technology migration strategies for applications or architectures.
- May focus on WAN, LAN or server technology.
- As the subject matter expert for the department, provide management with status updates and recommendations; and strategy planning support.
- Provide mentorship and training of other associates at the same level or below on processes and tools; and to handle more complex issues/requests.
- Produce spreadsheets and reports for various job functions.
- Create documentation and processes for less senior Systems Architects.
RedHat, CentOS, Fedora, SuSE and Windows OS.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and lead a team of other Systems Architects to support deadlines; ability to work independently as well.
- Solid understanding of Operation Systems Platform including:
- Strong Knowledge of the Network Devices, Routers, NX-OS and Protocols.
- Strong knowledge of systems technologies, and NetApp products and services.
- Strong knowledge of Visio and Microsoft Powerpoint.
- Scripting ability in Shell, PERL, Python, or other similar use language.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently with competing deadlines.
- Ability to learn new technologies and apply them to solving issues and problems within your area of expertise. Education and Experience Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience is required; 6 to 8 years of experience is preferred.
- A Bachelor of Arts or Sciences Degree is required; or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, moderately complex technical tasks. Posting Category Systems Engineering Full time / Part time Full-time Posting Location USA - California - Sunnyvale (Corporate Headquarters) Requisition Number 22517BR
NetApp - 16 months ago
Careers at NetApp
At NetApp, your expertise is what drives our growing success
NetApp is the ideal place to give your career a boost....