UPMC Cancer Centers is hiring a Full-Time Fiscal Coordinator to help support the ONCOL-Finance Department for its UPMC Cancer Centers location in Shadyside, PA. This position is located in Shadyside and would work Monday-Friday daylight hours.
Produces the fiscal documents for clinical trials conducted at the University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute (UPCI) and aiding in billing compliance functions. The "pre award" function of the position is to translate research protocols and subsequent amendments into operational documents and computer tracking systems. The "post award" function of the position is to review billing documents to insure compliance with the guidelines set forth in the fiscal documentation.
- Insure billing compliance by consistently reviewing charges for each patient in each study based on the approved FRF.
- Review charges in UPMC Facilities, UPMC Physicians, and UPMC Cancer Centers billing work queues and determine billing status by referring to patient schemas in UPCI database software, Clinical Trials Management Application (CTMA), and approved research Fiscal Review Forms (FRF); when necessary, contact the patient¿s nurse coordinator for study visit information.
- Appropriately mark charges for submission to insurance for study patient charges from UPMC Physicians and UPMC Cancer Centers; for patient charges on Medicare Qualifying Trials, include the correct diagnosis codes and modifiers.
- Verify that the charges that appear on IA bills are for patients and procedures/tests are study related and should be billed to the Institutional Account (IA). For charges that should not be billed to the IA and appear on the IA bill, contact the source of the bill and have the charges removed from the IA and transferred to the patients personal account.
- Pay study bills using both UPMC and Pitt accounts and payment processes, and maintain those study account statuses by encumbering the payment on the study Protocol Financial Statements (PFS).
- Review study contracts to determine per patient costs that are not included in the study budgets that can be invoiced to the sponsor, submit invoices for those items to the sponsors, and track the invoicing in the study PFS to allow for booking of AR.
- Verify consistency of study schema, FRF, and budget, and notify the appropriate UPCI and/or CRS staff member of any discrepancies for correction.
- Improve charge capture systems (i.e. billing nets) by CTMA data maintenance to insure appropriate billing compliance.
- Answer billing questions from UPCI physicians, program managers, nurse coordinators, regulatory staff, and billing offices in a timely manner.
- Work with individuals in Customer Service to address study patient related questions.
- Develop and implement policies or procedures as necessary within UPMC, UPCI, and CRS.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- A Bachelor's degree is required along with billing and medical office experience preferred.
- Must have at least 2-5 years prior work experience that demonstrates strong financial, computer, and analytical skills to perform the job responsibilities.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills are required to obtain the necessary information needed from various resources.
- Proficiency with computers and database software is required and excellent typing and computer navigation skills are preferred.
- Time management skills and the ability to work on numerous projects at one time are essential.
- Attention to detail is required to properly and accurately complete the fiscal process.
- Strong financial skills coupled with an understanding of the clinical area are a must
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer.
UPMC is one of the leading nonprofit health systems in the United States. A $10 billion integrated global health enterprise headquartered in...