At St. David's Georgetown Hospital, our staff shares in the joy of welcoming around 1,000 newborns each year. We feel that every woman deserves a unique birthing experience, so with our newly remodeled rooms we bring the comforts of home into our hospital to create a warm, friendly, and supportive setting.
All of our suites are furnished with rocking chairs and sleep chairs for the comfort of the new mother and family. These beautifully decorated suites create a cozy environment for bonding with the entire family. To ensure the safety of mother and baby, each suite also has a technologically advanced monitoring system and other sophisticated medical equipment.
Our unit offers:
- 10 technically advanced LDR suites
- 11 beautifully decorated post partum suites
- Two state of the art surgical suites on the same floor for mothers requiring a Cesarean section
- Rooming-In newborn care with a Level 1 special care nursery available
- Our Infant Security System, a computerized wristband tracking system for infants, ensuring babies are safe.
- Lactation consultants available 7-days a week to assist with breastfeeding
- Outpatient Lactation services for post-discharge breastfeeding help
The position of Registered Nurse is a professional position that requires education and experience necessary to make independent decisions for patient care within the scope of the Definition of Nursing Care and Limits of Licensure in the State of Texas. Performance Standards/Competencies are established for each subcategory of the Job title: Registered Nurse; i.e., Medical-Surgical Staff Nurse, OB Labor Nurse, etc.
Registered Nurse Licensed by the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners. Active Texas RN license.
2 years of current Labor and Delivery RN experience is a must
St. David’s Georgetown Hospital, a campus of St. David’s Medical Center, offers comprehensive healthcare services, including...