The newscast producer develops and builds each newscast, utilizing available stories from reporters and field sources. The set the editorial tone of each newscast and help deliver news content to various distribution platforms, including Digital Executive Producer, IBS, social media sites and station website throughout the day.
• Write and produce newscast with assistance from anchors.
• Edit news video with assistance from anchors.
• Select stories for newscasts from field offerings, feed services and wires.
• Communicate clearly with field crews to discuss specific story direction/tease needs.
• Take primary responsibility for all editorial product on air during the newscast.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Broadcast Journalism or Communications.
• Must have strong news writing background and have the ability to write quickly and accurately.
• Must be familiar with all newsgathering and libel laws.
• Must understand the creation and use of electronic news graphics and non-linear editing.
• Extreme attention to detail and solid news judgment necessary.
Send resume and cover letter indicating referral source to:
5 Television Drive
Plattsburgh, NY 12901
Or email: email@example.com
Hearst Television Inc. - 20 months ago