The Pediatric Registered Nurse (RN) for the Immunocompromised unit at Primary Children's Medical Center is a professional caregiver who assumes responsibility and accountability for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care of patients. The RN provides the best clinical practice in an environment of caring and healing. The RN has the opportunity to care for a broad spectrum of diagnoses which enables them to sharpen their assessment skills, gain a vast knowledge base, and improve critical thinking skills while caring for patients. Utilizing the nursing process, care is delivered in compliance with hospital policies and procedures, legal and regulatory standards. The RN impacts patients’ lives every day and truly makes a difference to those they care for.
This is a Full-time, benefits eligible position.
This position will work 36hrs/wk (3 - 12hr shifts) plus additional classroom time during the residency period. Shifts will rotate days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) License in state of practice or license eligible upon completion of accredited nursing program
- This position requires verifiable current Healthcare Provider or Professional Rescuer CPR certification. An original card must be verified prior to start date or the job offer will be withdrawn. For additional information regarding CPR requirements please visit our Job Requirements Page .
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Incumbent must be willing to commit to providing at least 12 months of full-time employment as an RN with the Immunocompromised Unit, post successful completion of the residency program.
- Basic computer skills
- Carrying, Hearing/Listening, Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Pushing/Pulling, Seeing, Speaking, Standing, Walking.
- Pediatric Hematology/Oncology clinical work experience.
- Pediatric student capstone experience.
- Hematology/Oncology student capstone experience.
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...