Susquehanna has an excellent opportunity for a Business Analyst - Credit Review .
This position leads Susquehanna Bancshares, Inc. in its goal to enhance the value of traditional banking by supporting the strategic and tactical planning of Credit Review .
The Bank’s credit review systems relate to lending policy, procedures, loan portfolio management, loan administration, documentation review process, risk ratings, adequacy of the allowance for loan losses including methodology and regulatory requirements.
Primary Job Functions include but are not limited to the following:
· Gather and analyze data, facts and volumes of workflow and/or technology solutions, to ensure that related processes meet SBI strategic goals and external regulations and that proper accounting is made for all loan related financial activity.
· Develop, monitor and analyze data to identify and promote opportunities for improvements to process design, profit or increases to capacity.
· Prepare cost-benefit analyses for the Department or area represented.
· Develops, executes and monitors business unit implementation and test plans for software and process implementations.
· Works closely with all levels within SBI to ensure workflows meet the needs of the entire organization.
· Maintains a proactive position in communicating with management, by providing regularly scheduled reporting of performance against mutually developed operating standards, using data from the bank’s reporting systems.
· Assists in driving out causes within the financial business plan; analyze monthly actual expenses against plan, including an accurate identification of plan risks and opportunities.
· Acts as a project liaison for activities related to financial, conversions, consolidations, acquisitions, process improvements and business support units.
· Position requires analysis of innovative and complex processes, systems, and workflows, which may have an application impact.
· Incumbent serves as an internal expert on the business unit they represent - through process design, cost planning, technology and productivity enhancements and an advanced understanding of portfolio characteristics, upon which personnel and senior executive management rely for advice and guidance.
· Participates on cross-divisional teams that drive global initiatives.
· Takes the initiative to identify needs and to begin new tasks, without being asked to do so.
· Serves in any capacity requested to meet objectives.
· Provide assistance and/or training to employees as needed to ensure compliance with verbal or written procedures.
· Participate in the analysis and design of new solutions or enhancements to existing applications.
· Acknowledge and motivate employees through recognition and rewards for excellent performance in order to foster a commitment in achieving departmental goals and to reinforce the company’s philosophy and strategic plan to be a leader in the financial services industry.
· Generate and prepare necessary reporting.
· Ensure regulatory requirements are satisfied.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
· Bachelor’s degree in Business or related disciple.
· A minimum of 7 years experience in Lending Operations, preferably in a multi-state, holding company/lending environment.
· Requires intermediate knowledge of consumer and commercial lending, loan servicing, operations, support, products and customer service concepts.
· Strong understanding of cost-benefit and workflow analyses.
· Extensive knowledge of state and federal regulatory requirements related to consumer and commercial loan core system and the system reporting standards for those loans.
· Meticulous attention-to-detail and analytical skills.
· Excellent PC skills including database usage and client applicant report design ability. Required skills include the following: Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Visio & SharePoint (2010 version). Desired skills include: Database design, Information System design, SQL programming, Visual Basic programming, and SAS.
· Top-notch communication skills, both oral and written necessary in order to work effectively with senior and executive management.
· Proven leadership and results driven approach to problem solving is required.
· The ability to manage multiple tasks/requests and appropriately prioritize based on factors such as internal customer base needs, risks to organization, cost, and alignment with SBI strategic direction.
· Main tain a high degree of confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
At Susquehanna, we provide a professional, team oriented environment that encourages both personal and professional growth. We're looking for people who are knowledgeable, sincere, solutions-oriented and supportive. If these traits describe you, then we want you to join the Susquehanna team!
We offer company training, competitive salary, excellent benefits, and an opportunity for growth. Susquehanna is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to building a diverse workforce.