Sr SW Strategic Planner
The Software Strategic Planner will lead the software planning for SoC and Core products in IDGa. He/She will be the evangelist for SW best practices in the planning processes across IDGa. Work with Silicon, S/W and platform planners across Business Units to contribute to effective strategic planning for systems SW including drivers & firmware. Engage and influence senior leaders in internal partner organizations to develop implementation plans, resource commitments and execution metrics aligned to agreed SW plans. Be a key contributor to strategic discussions (SDs) across IDGa and partner organizations on issues pertaining to SW. Be a domain expert on one of more key OSes including Android and MS Windows. Behavioral traits for this position include:
- Demonstrated independent analysis and thought leadership
- Proven strategic thinker with solid business acumen
- Ability to solve complex problems and work with minimal direction
- Ability to manage multiple, highly visible projects concurrently
- Interaction: actively networks and integrates information and perspectives from multiple sources, internal and external
- Judgment: demonstrates excellent business judgment and ability to balance business and technical perspectives
- Communication proficiency in developing and presenting executive level content, successfully influencing senior managers and technical thought leaders
- Tolerance of ambiguity: highly effective in ambiguous environment and demonstrated ability to develop clear strategies and plans with appropriately managed risks.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Must have either a BS, MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Electrical and Computer Engineering/Science
- Minimum 10 years experience in driving projects with cross-functional, cross-organizational stakeholders & contributors to set direction, priorities, and executable plans
- Minimum 8 years experience in SW, Service product & business planning
- Minimum 6 years experience to understand and predict the impact of hardware changes to the software ecosystem and vice versa and communicating risk areas related to software strategies and ecosystem dynamics
- Minimum 4 years of previous experience in driving strategic planning for a highly visible product line, developing & executing SW development plans, resource forecasting, schedule optimization & execution
- Minimum 4 years experience engaging with and successfully managing outsourced engineering projects
- Must have the unrestricted right to work in the US without requiring sponsorship (if hired in the US)
Preferred skills and experience:
- MBA in addition to the above technical degree requirement
- 10+ years of experience in technical literacy in platform firmware & drivers (BIOS, EFI, UEFI, cross-OS drivers, etc.)
- 10+ years of experience in Technical literacy in Operating System / Platform HW performance, power and security interdependencies
- 10+ years of experience with SW development methodologies for resource and schedule optimization & forecasting
- 3+ years of strong understanding of CPU, Tablet & Smartphone ecosystems, technologies and trends including usage models
USA-California, Santa Clara
USA-California, Folsom, USA-Oregon, Hillsboro, USA-Arizona, Phoenix, USA-Texas, Austin
Feb 14, 2013
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
A lot of companies like to talk about changing the world. But while others are making claims, Intel’s been making history—for...