The Registered Nurse is a trained professional nurse who administers skilled nursing care to patients on an intermittent basis in the home. May be required to perform OASIS and assess patients within regulatory requirements of OASIS and timelines. This is performed in accordance with the physician’s orders and under the direction and supervision of the Clinical Supervisor.
May be required to perform admission, routine, or continuous care visits and assess patients within regulatory requirements. The Registered Nurse is responsible for overall coordination of the care delivered to her/his patient caseload. This is accomplished by making regular visits to patients wherever they reside, communicating regularly with the Interdisciplinary Team, medical director, identifying patient, family, caregiver needs and providing for those needs in accordance with the attending physician’s orders and the plan of care. This position requires the ability to build rapport and communicate effectively with patients, families, physicians, facilities.
Administer skilled nursing care to patients on an intermittent basis in the home
Develop patient’s plan of care
Documentation of patient care, needs and progress
Educate and instruct Aides, caregivers and family members on patient’s care
Attend team conferences
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must hold an active license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Registered Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years experience in a home health care.
- Must be proficient in OASIS and coding (optional).
- Must be proficient in Computer skills for Electronic/Online Patient Charting
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills, including active listening.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to home health care.
Metro Detoit, Pontiac, Flint and Montrose
Full-Time or Part-Time
Resume can be faxed at 248-254-3675