The Market Sales Manager (MSM) is responsible for establishing and maintaining profitable relationships with customers on behalf of the company by actively prospecting new accounts and maximizing sales potential with existing customers in their assigned territory. This includes developing a clear understanding of Reddy Ice's value proposition and the customer's key objectives to drive account specific business plans that insulate and grow our business.
Establishes a consistent and effective prospecting routine that establishes, tracks and measures daily cold calls, lead generation follow up, obtainment of referrals, and sales closed.
Partners and collaborates across all organizational functions to ensure revenue, new business generation, and sales strategic objectives are met.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Includes but are not limited to)
1 Achieve sales volume and revenue targets for the assigned market area.
2 Routinely conduct profitability analysis on accounts to identify misses or gaps that require attention or resolution.
3 Own, build and maintain the Market Account Coverage Plan, which is the base of high value accounts within your Market. The key performance indicators are: new distribution, maintaining base business, limiting the number of out-of-stocks, closing distribution voids, and selling Easy Ice subscriptions.
4 Build collaborative business relationships across multiple internal and external decision points to drive revenue and customer service results.
1 Negotiate pricing and customer contracts. Develop strategies that will grow business and ensure renewal of contracts prior to expiration.
- Maintain and grow the current account base (65%) - solidify and energize the base business by building and maintaining superior customer relationships.
- Manage the target account base (35%) - Pursue new business. Cold call: identify, manage and sell substantial new business, Packaged and Easy Ice business.
2 Participate in regional trade shows and professionally promote our products and services.
The MSMS will have a strong knowledge of retail sales principles, methods, practices and techniques along with exceptional verbal communication, listening and presentation skills. Teamwork is imperative. Effectively interacting within the Reddy Ice Teams to drive solutions, resolutions and innovation is critically important.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 1-3 years of outside sales experience with demonstrated ability to convert sales prospects and close deals while maintaining established quotas.
- Success in qualifying opportunities involving multiple key decision makers. Ability to get to the decision maker versus the store manager.
- Experience managing multi-levels within an account.
- Strong verbal/written communication, presentation and listening skills.
- Intermediate skill set with PowerPoint and Excel.
- Travel to 50%
Reddy Ice - 22 months ago
Ice is hot stuff, especially when you own the ice factory. Ice maker Reddy Ice does, and its proprietary technology lets grocery and...