- Associates degree is preferred
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provides technical hardware and software support, maintenance and troubleshooting of data center systems and services, WAN/LAN network devices.
· Interacts with MIS management, technical and program staff as well as functional users and 3 rd party vendors to manage the day-to-day scheduled and unscheduled computer operations and maintenance activities. Seeks to maintain stable, efficient and effective availability and operations of Jordan Health Systems, Inc. data.
· Assists MIS managers and staff with technical design, optimization, monitoring, testing, evaluation, integration, installation and implementation of Network, Infrastructure and Application systems and components as directed. Designs network and systems to best meet customer-specific solutions, customizations and requirements, while maintaining company infrastructure standards and policies.
· Assists with network security definition and design to include Cisco Router/Switch/Firewall, Citrix, Exchange, EMC SAN, Data Domain and Networker environments. Also, includes the ability to work closely with and transfer knowledge to other IT team members.
· Actively monitors network and Internet activity and recommends improvements and changes to security measures as needed. Produces reports of network performance. Develops and conducts proactive maintenance and change control activities, as approved, designed to ensure optimal operation of the network and systems.
· Understands and complies with all security policies; ensures that security and data protection are top priorities; integrates security into all designs and systems; makes recommendations regarding enhancing network security.
· Ensures all aspects of the network configuration, software licenses, user accounts and equipment are inventoried, tracked and documented and that all documents and diagrams are kept up to date as configurations change – including proper and timely attention to appropriate change control coordination, procedures and notifications.
· Strong analytical abilities. Performs day to day systems administration in conjunction with other Network Engineers and Technical Staff. Responds to customer and co-worker requests and manages priorities and time as directed. Conducts thorough risk analyses of integrating new software and hardware baselines.
· Assures proper backup and recovery policies and procedures are in place; coordinates disaster recovery planning and testing as required and directed;
· Evaluates new technological advances in view of organizational plans and objectives and makes appropriate recommendations to supervisor and other managers. Maintains current awareness of various trends and developments in the Computer Sciences field.
· Demonstrates strong and effective customer service skills, project support, and coordination and communications skills (written and verbal) with IT co-workers, customers and support vendors.
· Presents a professional image at all times and conducts him/herself in a professional manner.
· Able to work independently an in teams with minimal supervision.
· Minimum of 5 years experience in network environment. Healthcare environment a plus.
· CCNA strongly preferred
· Experience working with firewalls and other standard network security equipment and software such as anti-virus, anti-spyware, anti-spam applications required.
· Thorough understanding of IP based networks, routing, NAT, proxies, VPN and security protocols, tools and policies.
· Must have a strong working knowledge of standard network and internet networking technologies and best practices.
· Experience with Windows 2003, 2008, 2008R2 Server a must.
· Experience with Microsoft Sharepoint a plus.
· Solid understanding of Microsoft Outlook/Exchange 2012 and Microsoft Office 2007 and 2010 suite required
· Experience with HP servers and workstation configurations and support required.
· Experience with POP, SMTP, FTP, SSH, HTTP and SSL.
· Thorough understanding and experience with Active Directory principals and best practices.
Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Plymouth
- 2 years ago - save job