The Administrative Assistant I will provide assistance and support to a Senior Vice President within our Technology organization.
ESPN, Inc., The Worldwide Leader in Sports, is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment company featuring the broadest portfolio of multimedia sports assets with over 50 business entities. Headquartered in Bristol, Connecticut, ESPN is 80% owned by ABC, Inc. (a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company), and 20% by the Hearst Corporation.
ESPN was founded by Bill Rasmussen and launched on September 7, 1979. Now with over 6,500 employees, each year ESPN televises more than 5,100 live and/or original hours of sports programming. The company’s mission is to serve sports fans. Anytime. Anywhere.
This is a project position with an estimated length of 2 years.
• Executes a wide variety of semi-complex administrative tasks, e.g., travel and expense reporting; meeting arrangements; food and voucher arrangements; security arrangements for visitors; research and data gathering; report preparation and distribution; scheduling and schedule monitoring; budget preparation and tracking
• Prepares routine memos, correspondence, letters, business updates, meeting notes; may prepare semi-routine reports
• Coordinates regular and special meetings and conferences, including preparing notes of meeting highlights and “to-do’s”
• May purchase or arrange for the purchase of supplies and equipment
• Handles incoming telephone calls; arranges and may participate in conference calls
• Implements semi-complex tasks specific to the unit / work group served
• Typically receives general instructions on semi-routine tasks and detailed instructions on semi-complex tasks
• May lead assigned parts or all of semi-complex
• Has a basic knowledge of several administrative and support processes and procedures carried out in the assigned unit / work group
• Candidates must have good computer background (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc...) and solid communication skills
• A minimum of 2 years of related work experience in generally comparable administrative functions
• Knowledge of SAP
• Associates Degree
• High School Diploma or equivalent
Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you’ll have the opportunity to join a team that’s beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you‘ve been looking for.
ESPN, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.
ESPN, Inc. - 23 months ago
ESPN, Inc. The Worldwide Leader in Sports, is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment company featuring the broadest...