This position has weekly interaction with utility vendors to setup and maintain electronic invoicing (EDI), is responsible for uploading all electronic invoice files into the UBP billing application, and verifies the accuracy of the invoice information. You will also work occasionally with internal NISC programmers on implementing software changes and interact with Bill Payment Template and Resolution Representatives to ensure electronic invoices are captured correctly. Serves as a backup for the UBP mailroom.
Management may modify this job description by assigning or reassigning duties and responsibilities at any time.
Minimum Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides superior customer support to internal and external customers in all encounters.
- Upload all electronic invoice files including daily EDI files as well as electronic history files
- Verify electronic files are uploaded correctly and reporting to the customer web reports accurately
- Resolve internally created EDI exceptions in a timely manner
- Setup new accounts up for EDI that come in via paper copy
- Identify potential EDI vendors and work with vendor to implement electronic invoicing (EDI)
- Assist with mapping new EDI vendor files
- Assist with working on additional file types for invoice upload
- Assists with bill processing when time permits
- Assists with UBP mailroom as needed
- Assist with uploading history invoices for new customers
- Examine current UBP processes and recommend and implement process efficiencies.
- Utilizes all support tools as directed.
- May develop and deliver training to coworkers as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Employees must be able to see, speak, and hear, to operate computer keyboards or office equipment, and are required to stand, walk, and sit.
Associate Degree in a business-related field or equivalent experience.
Desired Job Experience
- Generally requires 1-3 years of transaction processing experience either at NISC or similar related experience.
- Familiarity with UBP data entry processing or previous utility industry experience.
- Familiarity with utility billing concepts and industry terminology.
- Excellent computer skills including spreadsheets, word processing, e-mail and Internet.
- Strong verbal and written interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong presentation and training skills.
- Strong telephone etiquette and an ability to deal effectively with Member/Customers.
- Strong research and problem solving skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively lead, influence and teach others.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
- Ability to interact in a positive manner with internal and external contacts.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to travel as often as necessary to meet the goals and objectives of the position.
- Commitment to NISC’s Statement of Shared Values.
- 2 years ago - save job
NISC, a leading provider of information technology products and services, offers integrated software and hardware solutions to utilities and...