of discipline: Performs Human Resources (HR) related administrative tasks under management guidance including coordinating, disseminating, administering, gathering, updating, reporting and maintaining HR information in support of HR policies, procedures, practices, programs and initiatives. Adheres to Laboratory policies and procedures and ensure compliance with legal regulations.
- Assists with program administration and implementation.
- Responds to questions regarding policies, practices procedures or programs.
- Responds to customer service inquiries in writing, over the phone and in person.
- Compiles reports of moderate complexity.
- Orders supplies, supports HR departments as needed.
- General supervision requiring general instructions for routine work and detailed instructions for new assignments.
- Takes responsibility and ownership of own work.
- May use innovative and creative approaches to analyze special situations.
- Works on moderately difficult assignments; resolves issues and makes recommendations; may refer complex issues to higher levels.
- Applies basic judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action when analyzing situations or data.
- Resolves intermediate/day-to-day/ common customer service issues.
- Some interaction with peers and/or functional partners outside own organization, generally in response to moderately complex inquiries.
- Interacts with direct supervisor and more senior employees on a regular basis.
to meet training and delivery schedules and commitments.
- Typically requires a High School diploma with a minimum of 6 years of related experience; Associates degree with a minimum of 1 year of related experience; related required training.
- Solid understanding of general job aspects including knowledge of computer networking and system configuration as well as knowledge of audio/visual systems configuration.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Solid knowledge of Procurement and Invoice Payment systems and Processes.
- Broad experience working in a high-volume fast-paced environment.
- Under general direction, must be able to respond to tight deadlines and to work under pressure
- Requires excellent organizational and scheduling skills, ability to interact with staff at various levels, flexibility, and clear communication skills.
- Broad understanding of administering and tracking all PO activity using the JPL Acquisition system.
- Thorough understanding of the close out of completed purchase order contracts and applies knowledge and skills in this area.
If you'd like to discover new worlds with our innovative team and enjoy a competitive salary and impressive benefits with the renowned leader in space exploration, apply now!
- Knowledge of JPL Procurement and Invoice Payment system and Processes.
- Knowledge of JPL Training Management System (Registrar).
- Strong people skills and strong customer focus. Experience working successfully as part of a team.
- Experience working in a training environment.
- Broad-based knowledge about the generation of Crystal Reports.
- Advanced skills in the use of Microsoft Office Applications as well as experience using HTML, graphics. software applications, file-conversion technology, and a variety of software file formats.
Great minds are open minds. Equal opportunity employer.