Public relations professional with a Bachelor’s Degree and at least 5+ years of relevant agency or in-house experience; an MBA and global experience a plus. This individual will be part of the NY-based Business + Social Purpose core team and interact directly with the Global Practice Chair.
- The ideal candidate will have a passion for and experience with Corporate Social Responsibility and citizenship, including: cause-related marketing, strategic philanthropy, sustainability, product and/or corporate branding.
- Exceptional secondary research skills, solid knowledge of MS Office Suite (especially PPT) and superior verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to quickly assess a topic related to social issues, find, review and aggregate pertinent information and create compelling written analysis in a variety of formats is a core responsibility.
- Knowledge of target audience engagement via current and evolving digital properties
- A proven ability to manage projects and work with small teams on assignments. Additionally, be part of larger teams and have the skills to work with internal stakeholder groups to achieve the overall goal.
- This individual will be a critical part of the Business + Social Purpose team, working to support the practice by cataloging existing materials, helping to create new content, taking part in business development and flawlessly executing against existing marketing strategies.
- Using Edelman paid subscription resources and publicly available data, perform secondary research, track trends and compile research briefs focused on topics including, but not limited to: cause-related marketing, social marketing, cause branding, corporate citizenship, sustainability, fundraising, and nonprofit marketing.
- Ongoing management of internal, global knowledge management system to support the practice work in its four key subject matter areas
- Development of responses to new business opportunities, writing of content and overall response composition to RFP’s as well as proactive outreach to business development targets.
- Participate in the development, analysis and execution of Edelman’s signature Purpose-related research, goodpurpose, and other thought leadership strategies.
- Develop compelling speech content, in conjunction with practice chair, for a variety of venues and cutting edge presentations for internal training, external presentations, client education, new business, etc.
- Foster relationships with third-party influencers and internal business partners.
- Serve as an agency resource in sharing and applying marketplace knowledge to client work, thought leadership activities and new business outreach.
- Overall practice budget management and annual planning support, along with business reporting and overall content management.
Edelman is the world’s largest public relations firm, with 67 offices and more than 4,800 employees worldwide, as well as affiliates in more than 30 cities. Edelman was named Advertising Age’s top-ranked PR firm of the decade in 2009 and one of its “A-List Agencies” in both 2010 and 2011; Adweek’s “2011 PR Agency of the Year;” PRWeek’s “2011 Large PR Agency of the Year;” and The Holmes Report’s “2011 Global Agency of the Year” and its 2012 “Digital Agency of the Year.” Edelman was named one of the “Best Places to Work” by Advertising Age in 2010 and 2012 and among Glassdoor’s top ten “Best Places to Work” in 2011 and 2012. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Berland (research), Blue (advertising), BioScience Communications (medical communications), and agencies Edelman Significa (Brazil), and Pegasus (China). Visit http://www.edelman.com for more information. Edelman is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply to: https://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH01/ ats/careers/requisition.jsp? org=EDELMAN&cws=1&rid=2821