Borgess Health and Fitness Center is currently seeking candidates for an On Call Fitness Specialist.
The Fitness Specialist is responsible for developing safe and effective individual and group exercise programs for all BHFC members and aftercare for medical referral members via the physician’s prescription, Physical Therapist’s instruction or other authorized treatment plans. The Fitness Specialist also provides friendly assistance and encouragement to all BHFC members and guests, receiving phone calls, scheduling member appointments, providing program information, and helping to promote fitness center events.
Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science, Physical Education, or related field.
ACSM or NSCA certification required, may be obtained within the first 90 days.
Current CPR and First Aid certifications required.
- Knowledge of English language in order to understand and transmit information orally or in writing which can normally be obtained through completion of high school.
- Approximately two years experience in the health and fitness field preferred.
- Knowledge of exercise science, human anatomy and physiology.
- Organizational skills necessary to work independently as well as lead others. Skills to measure and evaluate various components health and fitness, with respect to clients needs and wants.
- Ability to develop client-centered exercise prescriptions. Ability to perform, demonstrate or teach a variety of exercises for the purpose of instructing individuals on proper techniques. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and maneuver fitness equipment.