Systems Administrator - RedHat Linux Tier 2 (Public Trust Clearance)
The Sr. LINUX Systems Administrator is a technical consultant with master level skills in the areas of RedHat Linux systems engineering, architecture, deployment, configuration, and management. Will provide dedicated, premium RedHat Linux systems support to Census Decennial Systems.
Operations will include 24x7 on-call systems support.
Will be expected to interface and work closely with system administrators of Solaris, OpenVMS, Unix, and Linux operating systems, and the end user community to define problems and solutions and make recommendations.
Respond to and close out Remedy tickets for Systems being supported.
May be required to support on-call access for mission critical systems.
Systems support includes but is not limited to:
Evaluating and reporting system performance
- Ensuring proactive management and quality assurance
- Plan and implement system changes and adjustments in a way that maximizes system availability
- Processing and resolving decennial customer support service requests
- Working closely with the customers, Business Unit personnel and support staff to quickly resolve issues
- Ensuring hardware limits are not exceeded
- Performing system configuration tasks
- Performing documentation tasks
- Assistance in developing test plans, gathering performance data during testing and analysis of results to assist in developing a production architecture for the application.
- Hare the necessary skills to perform configuration management, risk analysis and contingency planning and work with designated security staff to assist in performing security reviews and audits.
- Provide support for the blade server hardware and various software tools used within the Census Bureau to continue to migrate servers to Linux and blade servers.
- Provide Support for Linux within a VMware environment.
- Experience with running Redhat Linux on an SAN environment.
- Experience with running Redhat Linux on blade technology.
Security Clearance: Public Trust Clearance
Location: Maryland - Bowie
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor's Degree (+16 years)
Knowledge and Skills Required:
Senior Technical Consultant with master level skills in the areas of RedHat Linux systems engineering, VMware, architecture, Operations configuration, and operations change management. Excellent customer relations skills.
HP - 18 months ago
Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, USA...