Work among the best. Academic medical centers like The University of Kansas Hospital are at medicine’s frontier, providing more options and more hope to our patients. Employees in our advanced administrative positions play a vital role to the success of the organization. We value the leadership, vision and dedication of our administrative employees that helps make our hospital successful.
We Currently Have an Opening for a Graduate Medical Education Administrator
The Consultant for Graduate Medical Education is responsible for planning, organizing and facilitating the Hospital’s Graduate Medical Education (GME) programs and residency system operations in the Hospital, and collaborates with the residency sponsor and GME Office in the Kansas University Medical Center.
* Oversight of Graduate Medical Education component in the KU Hospital.
- Develop and assist in implementing system-wide policies related to institutional program-specific GME and medical student operations.
- Work and collaborate with all University Program Directors and KUMC GME central office staff to assure comprehensive adherence to ACGME policies and procedures for residents training in KUH and its facilities.
- Work with residency programs to incorporate JCAHO, ACGME and other accreditation requirements into program curriculum to meet Hospital requirements for standardization of programs.
* Assist the University in assuring compliance with the Kansas and Missouri Medical Examiners Statutes and Regulations.
* Assist the University in residency recruitment, orientation, and graduation, when and where necessary.
Coordinate House staff contracting procedures between the Hospital and University.
* Master Degree (PhD or EdD preferred) or equivalent experience in healthcare, hospital administration, educational administration, public administration or related healthcare field.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with Department support staff and clinical faculty members, Hospital Executives, and Academic University GME Office and support staff.
* Extensive knowledge of the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) requirements for residency programs.
* Knowledge and the understanding of the Exchange Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) requirements for foreign medical students and residency applicants.
* Knowledge of the National Residency Match Program (NRMP) requirements and understanding of the application process and scheduling of medical applicants for interviews and cutoff dates for medical student match.
* Knowledge and understanding of the process for resident to receive their medical license from the states of Missouri and Kansas, and the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) to receive a clinical license to write orders for prescription drugs.