Mariposa Food Co-op , a member-owned Food Cooperative located in the Cedar Park neighborhood of West Philadelphia, is looking for a part-time (20 hours a week) Communications & Design Assistant .
- Contributes high-quality informative content, and solicits and edits contributions to Mariposa blog, newsletter, and website.
- Collaborates with staff and member volunteers to design, update, and archive materials (print/brand merchandise) related to sales, education and outreach, and membership development with the goal of developing design strategies and templates to ensure consistent "look" for all Co-op materials and store signage.
- Stays abreast of social media trends and effectively uses social media resources to support communications with Co-op membership, shoppers, and surrounding communities.
- Supports coordination of all advertising and publicity, including print, radio, television, and web communications.
- Expedites timely delivery of graphic materials to users, assures proper placement, and monitors for replacement, as appropriate.
- Updates web site as directed.
Qualified candidates must demonstrate exceptional writing and editing skills and be comfortable with graphic design concepts, typography, and color theory. Familiarity and comfort with Adobe InDesign and with Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator are required. Both self-taught and professionally-trained candidates may apply. Selected candidates will be asked to provide examples of both writing and design work, electronic or otherwise.
- Develops and maintains photo database for marketing use. Facilitates use of photo database for staff and marketing use.
Compensation and Benefits:
- $10.50/hour with a yearly raise
- Paid vacation and sick/personal days
- Monthly $25 in-store shopping credit