Pay Rate Range
NOTE: May close at anytime.
The Maintenance Helper is part of the Maintenance Team and assists with maintaining the hotel & conference facilities.
Demonstrated ability to prioritize & change course of action quickly, being flexible. Positive attitude and have the ability to work effectively as part of a team. Provide outstanding guest service. Demonstrated knowledge of general maintenance and related tools; the ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and climb step ladders, demonstrated human relation and effective communication skills required. A Utah driver’s license is required.
1. Performs routine maintenance including minor carpentry repair work, lock changes and electrical work.
2. Paints walls, doors, and other exposed surfaces as necessary.
3. Follows Supervisor’s instructions to ensure work orders are completed timely.
4. Conducts routine checks on machinery to determine maintenance required for proper operation.
5. Transports supplies and equipment as needed.
6. Assists in maintaining tools and equipment.
7. May include janitorial services.
8. May unlock/open building mornings and lockdown/set security system for the building in evening.
Some maintenance and customer service preferred.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities. The University of Utah is committed to diversity in its workforce. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Special Instructions Summary
Set in the foothills of the Wasatch Mountain Range, the University of Utah’s educational habitat provides breathtaking views of the...