Wrigley is a recognized leader in confections with a wide range of product offerings including gum, mints, hard and chewy candies, and lollipops. Wrigley’s world-famous brands – including Extra®, Orbit®, Doublemint®, and 5™ chewing gums, as well as confectionery brands SkittleStarburst®, Altoids® and Life Savers® – create simple pleasures for consumers every day. With operations in more than 40 countries and distribution in more than 180 countries, Wrigley’s brands bring smiles to faces around the globe. The company is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, employs approximately 17,000 associates globally, and operates as a subsidiary of Mars, Incorporated. Based in McLean, Virginia, Mars has net sales of more than $30 billion, six business segments including Petcare, Chocolate, Wrigley, Food, Drinks, Symbioscience, and approximately 70,000 Associates worldwide that are putting our Mars Principles into action to make a difference for people and the planet through our performance.
Position Summary :
The Territory Sales Manager is an entry-level sales position responsible for achievement of assigned sales and merchandising objectives in retail stores in a defined geographic territory. This position reports directly to a Regional Market Manager.
The position requires a high degree of initiative, the ability to work effectively in varied retail settings, and the ability to be successful in achieving assigned sales objectives while working independently. Excellent interpersonal communication skills are critical to success in this position. This position may require occasional overnight travel.
Major Responsibilities :
- Develop, execute, and achieve localized sales objectives in assigned retail stores based on national programs and objectives.
- Maximize distribution, shelving, and merchandising of Wrigley products in assigned retail stores e.g., Convenience stores, Walmart.
- Manage assigned Convenience store groups and administer trade promotion programs.
- Manage trade contracts, display programs, and expense budgets.
- Participate in new product launches and store resets at customer locations.
- Perform special projects at the direction of the Regional Sales Manager.
Related Experience/Requirements :
- A Bachelor's degree and/or the equivalent combination of education and work experience is required.
- At least one year of selling experience.
- Prior Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) experience.
- Prior fact-based selling experience is preferred.
- A valid Driver's License is required.
- Must live or be willing to live within 15 miles of territory city listed in job title.
The Wrigley Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
- Excellent organizational and communication (written and oral) skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus.
Wrigley - 15 months ago
Wrigley is a recognized leader in confections with a wide range of product offerings including gum, mints, hard and chewy candies, and...