The Sales Associate helps to create an experience for our customer that delights and inspires. This position assists in executing and supporting all store initiatives that contribute to generating sales.
RESPONSIBILITIES (including, but not limited to):
SETTING THE TABLE FOR SUCCESS
- Sell, Sell, Sell!
- Offer customers exemplary service through greeting, engagement and accurate product information.
- Ability to service multiple customers, discover needs, and make recommendations to build and close sales.
- Recommend alternative purchase choices if product is currently out of stock.
- Utilize available resources to enhance product knowledge and company initiatives to become the "Trusted Authority".
- Continuously stocks and replenishes the selling floor; does so in accordance with visual standards.
- Maintains a working knowledge of Sur La Table policies and procedures.
- Participates in maintaining an organized and clean store including stock room and bathroom during downtime and when assigned.
- Rings on the register in accordance with POS guidelines.
- Executes price changes, transfers and cash register per policy and directive.
- Immediately addresses loss prevention issues following Sur La Table guidelines.
- Communicates effectively and professionally.
Sur La Table Core competencies for everyone:
- Focus on the Customer: You inspire and delight your customers
- Be Genuine: Your communication style is respectful, effective and sincere
- Make the Right Call: You effectively blend knowledge, experience, wisdom & decisive action
- Take Ownership: you are committed, responsible and provide solutions
- Achieve Results: You meet and exceed goals and expectations
REQUIREMENTS: (including, but not limited to)
Sur La Table is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Professional and friendly.
- Prior retail experience preferred.
- Accurate with basic math and data entry skills.
- Familiarity with Retail POS systems.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights & weekends as business dictates.
- Able to stand and/or walk for an extended period of time.
- Must be 18 or older
- Must be able to climb ladders and be able to lift up to 35 pounds on a regular basis.
Sur La Table - 5 months ago
In 1972, the first Sur La Table store opened in Seattle’s Pike Place Market. It was a place where serious cooks found a surprising...