Provides support for the analysis, design, estimates, development, documentation, testing and implementation of new computer programs. Monitors, enhances and provides maintenance support for programs within existing systems. Provides quality control and error management for new and existing departmental systems. Liaison with users, to provide training and problem resolution. Serves as primary contact with other information systems technical support. Functions as the department’s project leader. Supervises professional and support staff. This position will commit to fostering an environment of heightened security following Information Technology Security Policies and participating in security training, such as Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), on an annual basis.
(Annual Salary Range: $45,198 - $58,760 - $72,322)
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math or a related field and six (6) years of related experience required or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience. A list of experience and education substitutions can be found on the UAB Compensation website, if job allows for such substitutions.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skill set:
- Windows Server (2008 and 2010)
- Microsoft technologies such as AD, Clustering technologies, scripting, Group Policy
- Microsoft SQL and SharePoint Server
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- In-depth knowledge of MAC
- Proficiency in FileMaker Pro
- Working knowledge of Linux and LAMP solution stack
- Virtualization and SAN experience is a major plus
Licensure / Certifications