Role The Training and Development Manager creates, and/or facilitates the creation/development of and organizes and implements Training Programs for the company. As a key member of the organizational development team, the Training and Development Manager supports the Organizational Development Officer in the implementation of other developmental projects such as quality control and compliance initiatives.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
i. Works with managers and others to develop specific training to address issues defined by internal or external quality assurance audits.
- Analyzes company organizational behavior to:
- Ensure compliance with mandated training requirements
- Identify effective implementation of company-wide interpersonal skill building, goal setting and communication initiatives
- Identify process issues and their resolution, assisting with the revision of policy and procedures as needed as a member of the Organizational Development Team
- Identify improvements to the organization’s internal policies, practices, and procedures (e.g. consistency across departments, alignment with customer expectations et al).
ii. Provide input and oversight to the development, implementation and communication of internal audit instruments and responses as needed.
- Develops, writes and/or coordinates learner centered training curriculum and communication vehicles (e.g. power points, participant manuals)
- works with subject matter experts to develop specific content and context for relevant experiential materials
- Presents training/communication programs in a manner that promotes engagement and ownership of participants in their learning experience
- Is the organization’s single point of contact for training and development activities
- Coordinates, communicates and tracks training schedules
- Maintains library of training materials.
- Coordinates and implements new hire orientation, working with HR Manager and Department Supervisors as needed.
- Develops, organizes and implements staff training days.
- Manages training budget.
- Evaluates any applicable external training needs.
- Evaluates and approves all training materials prior to implementation.
- Develops and implements external training market opportunities.
- Works independently, and provides leadership and coordination for cross departmental work teams.
- Manages, prioritizes, and tracks progress of project activities; delivers updates to Leadership Team as appropriate.
- Functions as the System Administrator and Project Manager for the Learning Management System and On-Boarding system.
- Monitor training compliance and communicate as needed to department managers.
- Manage system updates and make adjustments as needed.
- Manage user accounts.
- Ensure staff are provided with training and system utilization information as needed.
- Coordinate and implement eLearning projects.
Language Skills : Ability to read, write, type and speak in English. Ability to read, write and understand reports and documents. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from co-workers, managers, clients, customers, parents, guardians, family members and the general public.
Mathematical Skills : Ability to count, calculate figures, time, and amounts such as percentages and to interpret graphs and use a calculator.
Organizational Skills: Must possess excellent organizational skills and have meticulous attention to detail.
Interpersonal Skills: Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and be able to relate and train diverse groups of people in an enthusiastic and friendly manner.
Reasoning Ability : Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Creative Ability: Ability to be creative in the development and execution of training curriculum and the use of visual graphics.
Education and/or Experience (minimum requirements) :
BA/S in Human resources, Organizational Development, Business Administration, Teaching or Related degree and have at least 2 years of work experience creating learner based curriculum and training in front of large audiences.
- Ability to meet HSI/WARC background checks requirements (pre-employment drug screen and background check).
High Sierra Industries - 24 months ago