The Laboratory Assistant provides clerical and phlebotomy services for the Laboratory in a timely, efficient and courteous manner. The Laboratory Assistant's responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Answers department telephone transfers calls, records messages.
- Organize requisitions received for specimen collections.
- Records receipt of specimens into computer and processes them for testing.
- Faxes lab reports to appropriate locations.
- Prints and distribute reports. Places reports on patient charts.
- Performs Phlebotomy and urine collection.
- Collect urine for drug screens and accurately process required paperwork.
- Applies and reads TB skin tests.
- Performs special coagulation procedures.
- Performs miscellaneous tasks that promote smooth operations including such as stocking supplies
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous phlebotomy experience preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Basic computer skills preferred.
- Well organized and detail oriented.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
HCA Inc - 14 months ago