High School graduate or equivalent required
Performs all paperwork, technical and non-technical procedures required to process, submit, and initiate the testing process. Communicates with Physicians/Nursing Staff/Managers/co-workers, as appropriate about patients, specimen collection, computer issues and other laboratory issues. Additionally, is able to perform general laboratory duties in all assigned laboratory departments with adequate supervision.
1. Perform routine tests and analysis according to established procedures. Performs quality control checks on each procedure and/or reagents as required and appropriate.
2. Demonstrates ability to multi-task, is detail-orientated, and works well under pressure.
3. Evaluates and prioritizes samples for testing.
4. Performs routine departmental maintenance which may include temperature checks, counter cleaning, supply inventory and others with appropriate documentation.
5. Print, review, and resolve shift pending log for various departments.
6. Utilizes laboratory information system (LIS) and network appropriately and efficiently.
7. Participates in ongoing continuing education to comply with state regulations. Completes a minimum of five (5) continuing education contact hours per year or ten (10) contact hours per two years.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrates appropriate written and verbal skills.
- Is personable and customer service oriented. Demonstrates ability to positively interact with persons of different ethnic, spiritual, moral and cultural beliefs.
- Demonstrates an independent work initiative, sound judgment and attention to detail.
- Shows willingness to read, understand, and follow all policies and procedures, as defined for the organization and department.
- Exhibits effective decision-making skills as appropriate .
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Valid drivers license
- Must meet driving record guidelines set by facility
- Clinical laboratory experience
Cheyenne Regional Medical Center - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
The Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) is the benefits division of the Department of Veterans Affairs. The VBA provides benefits divided...