GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
The Software Quality Assurance Lead Engineer will be a key member of the Automation Software Quality Assurance team responsible for developing and maintaining automated tests written in Visual Test, Quick Test Pro (QTP) Zap-fiX, and Sikuli or other Mobile Application automated test tools for the business’s new Mobile Application product suite
This would include testing on iOS, Android, and Windows 8 enabled devices. Additionally, the lead engineer will play a significant role in defining an automated test framework for our next generation products built on Microsoft’s technology stack (.Net, WPF, WCF, ADAM, VSTS, Silverlight).
*Position can be located in Foxboro, MA or Albany, NY*
• Develop and maintains existing set of automated tests in Visual Test, QTP, ZAP-fiX, Sikuli, Python SilkTest, Visual Basic, NUnit, JUnit
• Develops and implements a strategy and framework for new automated testing infrastructure for new product portfolio, focusing on Mobile Application Usability and enabling the QA staff to take full advantage of data driven tests.
• Designs, sets up, and executes system level testing including load, performance, stress, and use case testing
• Develops and documents metrics on test automation initiatives
• Creates QA project plans, including schedules, and QA strategies, manual and/or automated test plans, executes tests, and analyzes test results
• Reviews requirements, functional and technical specs, end-user materials, and QA test plans as relevant to areas of specialization
• Creates and maintains software and hardware test systems and environments across GE Intelligent Platforms products mainly consisting of all supported Windows operating systems and VMware as needed to support automated test efforts. Setup of web services and/or deploying test environments and release management within the QA test environment
• Enters bugs, verifies fixes and performs regression tests
• Effectively manages assignments, applies good judgment in prioritizing tasks and works well with diverse cross-functional GE teams.
• Collaborates with all stakeholders including other GE businesses to ensure product success.
• Work effectively in an Agile Development environment
• Bachelors in software, programming, or engineering discipline (Computer Science or Engineering)
• Automation test tool experience (Visual Test, Quick Test Pro, ZAP-fiX, Sikuli, Load Runner, Silk Test, NUnit, JUnit, Mobile Application testing tools, etc.)
• 5-7 years or relevant QA technical experience on industrial software
• Experience coding with Visual C++, C#, VB or similar languages
• Experience with manual and automated QA testing and script development
• Proven ability to build accurate schedules and estimates independently
• Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Relevant QA technical experience on industrial software
• Experience and knowledge of manufacturing processes and systems
• Experience and knowledge of mobile device technology, Service oriented Architecture (SOA), RESTful Web Services
• Experience and knowledge of the Microsoft development technology stack such as .Net, WPF, WCF, ADAM, and VSTS
• SQL scripting
• Visual Studio for Testers/Team Edition
• Software Quality/Test certifications
Apply to job
Send to friend
Save to cart
GE Careers - 22 months ago