This is a PRN position. Qualified individuals must be able to travel between all BMH physician practices to work as needed. |
- Position Summary
- This position serves as the front-line patient contact in the medical practice with responsibility for reception of patients and visitors. It also serves as the liaison to the clinical staff. In this role, the incumbent manages and assumes direct responsibility for the daily activities of greeting all patients, registering and updating patient and demographic information, scheduling/rescheduling/canceling patient appointments, recording the arrival of patients into the waiting room, recording work-in patients on the schedule, timely and accurate message recording and distribution, placing reminder calls to patients, updating patient records, printing and distributing the patient schedule, pulling records for appointments, printing patient encounter forms, filing dictation as needed, faxing, receiving and distributing faxes during the day, faxing the daily appointment schedule to transcription, assuring that all work-in patients are recorded on the schedule in legible writing, maintains packaged patient sample medications for pick-up, notifies Front Office Coordinator of needed supplies, places the telephones on/off answering service as directed, maintains the orderly appearance of the patient reception area. Assures that patient confidentiality is maintained during the performance of all tasks.
- This person also requires knowledge of check-out, entering of patient charges, collection of co-pay and deductible amounts, collecting outstanding patient balances, scheduling patients with other offices, purging and storage of charts, performing the daily close-out of billing system, writing the daily bank deposit, daily balancing of the cash drawer, mail sorting and distribution. Assists peers with the pulling and filing of patient records according to practice protocol. Assists peers with the filing of patient dictation, clinical results and other pertinent data.
- Assists the Practice Administrator in the timely preparation of accounts payable invoices for submission to the hospital for payment. Assists the Front Office Coordinator in maintaining office supplies and identifying needed supplies.
- Minimum Requirements
- High school graduate preferred, Training as a Medical Assistant or Medical Secretary preferred.
- Prefer private medical practice front desk/reception experience. Will consider candidates with general office experience, excellent customer service skills and the ability to learn medical terminology and patient confidentiality issues. Skill in the techniques of patient relations and dealing with difficult people, efficiency in the processing and registration of patients, strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment, professional telephone etiquette, basic computer skills and knowledge, basic medical terminology, two to five years of medical office experience is desired but will consider an entry level position, excellent speech and diction, well-groomed professional appearance.