- re interested in joining a stable, fast-growing company that encourages professional advancement, fosters teamwork and rewards ingenuity, then B/E Aerospace may be right for you. As the world's leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and solutions, and the world's leading distributor of aerospace fasteners and consumables for the commercial, business jet, and military markets, a career at B/E Aerospace is beyond what you'd expect in a job. At B/E, we realize that our employees are one of the keys to our success. We look for individuals who share our passion to succeed and generate results. B/E Aerospace, Inc., located in Everett, WA has the following position to fill:
Provides management review and control over multiple units of engineering work, including development of projects, structures, or processes as part of a major engineering program. This managerial position usually integrates several specialized areas of engineering to serve a particular business segment, or directs a single specialization serving several business units.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages one discipline over a range of products or processes, or a diverse range of engineering disciplines within subordinate units.
- Focuses on managerial concerns of the project such as cost, completion date, and resource allocation; provides expert resolution of issues and monitors integration of work.
- Reviews technical concepts of major projects.
- Personally participates in solving particularly difficult technical problems.
- Responsible for recruitment, performance reviews, and training needs.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Manages subordinate manager(s)/supervisor(s) who supervises exempt and nonexempt associates.
- Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit.
- May also directly supervise exempt and nonexempt associates.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Establishes operational objectives and assignments and delegates assignments to subordinate managers. Objectives are reviewed by senior management to determine success of operation.
DISCRETION / IMPACT
Erroneous decisions will result in critical delay(s) in schedules and/or unit operations and may jeopardize overall business activities.
Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Ensures budgets, schedules and performance requirements are met.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Master's degree in Engineering; and five-to-eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS n/a
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear; and occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
1102 Shuksan Way
Everett, WA 98203
(BE conducts post-offer & pre-employment drug testing)
B/E Aerospace - 21 months ago
BE Aerospace, Inc. is manufacturer of cabin interior products for commercial aircraft and business jets and the world’s distributor of...