Associate- Accounting- Occupational Health
Requisition #: 77359
Status: Part-Time with Part-Time Benefits (20-35.99 Hours)
Business Unit: Community Care Services
Department: OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH
Job Family: Accounting/Finance
Job Function: Business (Non-Clinical)
Campus/Job Location One Ford Place
Location (State/City): US-MI-Detroit
Our health system thrives on teamwork, and we know our employees achieve the greatest results when they are working together for a common goal - to provide care for our patients. If you enjoy working in a collaborative environment then we have a job for you!
Henry Ford Health System is one of the country's largest health care systems and a national leader in clinical care, research and education. Our system includes the 1,200-member Henry Ford Medical Group, six hospitals, Health Alliance Plan, 32 primary care centers and many other health-related entities throughout Southeast Michigan. Founded in 1915 by auto pioneer Henry Ford, we continue to be committed to improving the health and well-being of a diverse Michigan community. In 2009 alone, Henry Ford Health System provided more than $173 million in uncompensated care. Henry Ford also is a major economic driver in Michigan and employs more than 23,000. Our health system is led by CEO Nancy Schlichting.
- Under general supervision, receives and reviews cash disbursement invoices to ensure that they are correct and properly approved. Reviews and properly records incoming cash receipts which include depositing cash into accounts, preparing cash receipts journals, and clearing paid items for A/R schedules. Responsible for processing invoices for payment through the accounts payable system.
- A level of knowledge is required to analyze, evaluate and calculate account discrepancies, which would be obtained by completion of a high school diploma or GED (Accredited by the Department of Education)
- Two (2) years' prior experience in a business office function dealing with financial or receivable information is required, along with analytical ability to reconcile vendor records.
- Must have the ability to operate a calculator
- Computer experience with spreadsheets (i.e. Excel) required
- Bookkeeping experience in a health care environment preferred
- Must have good interpersonal skills to effectively interact with the public
Part time with part time benefits
Effective January 1, 2013 the Flex Benefits are effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment for all new hires, rehires including Senior Staff and all unions. The Flex Benefits affected include:
- Medical / Vision
- Employee and Dependent Life
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Long Term Disability
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
-CTO benefits accrue after 90 days
-Short term disability is the first of the month following six months
-Tuition reimbursement can be utilized after one year of employment
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Henry Ford Health System is committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, weight/height, marital status, familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Henry Ford Health System - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
Built around a hospital founded by Detroit's favorite son, the not-for-profit Henry Ford Health System (HFHS) is a hospital network...