Responsible for the oversight of all on-site construction activities related to the Heating Ventilation & Air Conditioning, Electrical, Plumbing and Fire Protection (MEP) disciplines.
B. Key Areas of Responsibility
1. Coordination of all MEP related construction operations, including coordination of both the work of MEP Contractors as well as non-MEP Contractors as it relates to, and interfaces with the overall MEP installation work.
2. Scheduling, organizing and sequencing of the work of the MEP trade field workforces through direct interaction with the various trade field supervisory personnel.
3. D evelopment and monitoring of construction schedules (including overall system bar charts, short interval plans and area / system micro-schedules) and associated manpower loading charts.
4. Review of composite trade coordination drawings to assess constructability, to determine the most efficient installation sequencing and mediate the impact of any installation conflicts and/or deviations.
5. Tracking and inspection of all MEP related installation activities to ensure conformance with the project schedule and compliance with the Construction Documents.
6. Control of jobsite expenditures, in assigned area, for labor, equipment, material and services and ensures field operations are within the budget.
7. Ensure subordinate personnel receive progressive training to enable them to assume additional responsibilities.
8. Reporting of any labor relation matter to the General Project Superintendent and corporate Labor Relations Department.
9. Supervision and implementation of all activities related to jobsite safety programs to ensure strict adherence to federal, state, local and project specific safety requirements.
10. Planning and implementation of procedures to ensure construction operations are continuously adhering to engineering designs, specifications, quality standards, schedules and budgets.
11. Ensuring that corporate policies and procedures are fully implemented.
C. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Knowledge of all phases of construction operations relating to field activities of all engineering disciplines, all construction technologies and jobsite management.
2. Must have strong interpersonal and influencing skills needed to communicate with the variety of participants involved with a construction project.
3. Determines the priority of assignments based on critical deadlines that must be met.
4. The ability to analyze and construct details as indicated on drawings and if necessary, provide/create new methods to implement the work (i.e. work-out-of-sequence, provide scaffolding hung from the ceiling in order to work both ceiling and floor area at the same time.
E. Work Experience Requirements
Work experience leading to a thorough understanding of the knowledge described above.
F. Education Requirements
A recognized degree in Construction, an Engineering or construction management discipline or equivalent experience and training.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
AECOM - 20 months ago
AECOM Technology means never having to say Architecture, Engineering, Consulting, Operations, and Maintenance. One of the world's leading...