ServiceMaster is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – AA/EOE/M/F/D/V
TruGreen, a leader in the service industry and the #1 lawn care company in the world has a career opportunity for an ambitious, team-oriented professional who wants to learn to manage one of our lawn care operations.
General Managers that are hired initially enter a training program for the first 180 days of employment to learn our business and processes. During training you will perform assigned duties, under the direction of experienced personnel, to gain the knowledge and understanding required for placement as a General Manager. Training will consist of performing duties in several areas including sales, support, operations, office, etc. and learning how they affect each phase of the business.
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus opportunity, company vehicle and cell phone upon training completion and placement in a branch as a General Manager
- Benefits package: medical/dental/vision/prescription, 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Opportunities for advancement
The Ideal Candidate Will Be Able To Show Us:
- Assists with coordination of warehousing, production and sales in accordance with policies and procedures
- Assists in directing the development and implementation of all sales/marketing strategies utilized by the branch
- Assists with overseeing branch office functions including phone service standards, clerical services and collections
- Develops plans for the efficient use of materials, equipment and employees
- Assists in reviewing production costs and product quality and modifies production and inventory control programs to maintain and enhance profitable operations
- Assists in preparing monthly budget projections and annual budget reprojections
- Evaluates associate performance, making salary recommendations and administering disciplinary actions consistent with company policy
- Assists in evaluating the quality of service provided to customers and developing procedures to minimize customer complaints
- Prepares regional and corporate reports. Ensures recruiting, interviewing and staffing of personnel are conducted to efficiently staff the service, sales and administrative function
- Indirectly manages two or more supervisors and five or more operations, sales, marketing and support associates. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of these units
- Leads branch operations in the absence of the General Manager by directing the activities of the service, sales and office managers
REQUIRES the willingness to relocate at the end of training.
- Two to three years of successful management experience
- Two or more years of experience in lawn/horticulture agronomics or related areas
- P&L and budgeting experience
- The ability to set and then surpass aggressive sales, service, and profit goals
- The ability to recruit, manage, coach and inspire your staff
- Excellent communication, presentation and reporting skills
- A focus on customer retention
- The ability to thrive in a competitive, goal-driven environment
- Bachelor's degree (BS/BA) from four-year college or university preferred
- Certificates, licenses and registrations as required by federal and state law
If you meet the qualifications and are interested in joining our team, please apply now.
Qualified candidates will be able to successfully pass a criminal background check, drug screen, MVR check and assessment.
ServiceMaster - 6 months ago
ServiceMaster merrily mows, scrubs, sprays, and trims. A giant in its industry, the company serves millions of commercial and residential...