General Statement of Duties
Analyze and develop software solutions to resolve business needs/problems and to improve organizational efficiency. This includes working with all areas of MOHELA to provide solutions needed through application development to
help accomplish the organization’s objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Application Design & Development -
Research, design and develop applications to input, store, retrieve, and report data using VB.Net, C#, ASP.Net, HTML, VB Scripts, Java Scripts, SQL, XML, Crystal Reports, Active
PDF and other development tools as recommended by the organization. This includes interviewing users to identify the scope of the applications, documenting and flowcharting, integrating applications into network environment, testing the product before implementation,
and writing necessary procedures.
This position will play an important role in the architecture, programming and supporting the solutions required to allow efficient and easy to use web based applications. The role requires the developer to be very proficient in .NET development using VB.NET
Project Management -
Confirm project requirements by reviewing program objective, input data and output requirements with analyst, supervisor and client. Arranges project requirements in programming sequence
by analyzing requirements; prepare documentation of workflow, subject matter, programming content/logic when necessary.
as well as receiving training on other IT responsibilities.
- Participate in cross training to ensure departmental goals and objectives are completed. This includes providing training to other IT staff members on application development and processes,
- Provides regular and timely project status updates to management. Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with internal stakeholders. Effectively communicate technical topics to non-technical
courses, seminars and conferences designed to build knowledge of the same.
- Achieve and maintain a current working knowledge of servicing technologies, application development standards and processes, data transmission standards and industry practices. Attend training
Other Duties as Assigned -
Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor and/or division management
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems from a four year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Relatable experience must be
at least 4 years in website development.
: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form
and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
above own interests; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed; Recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully
Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently
Oral Communication -
Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Respond well to questions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
o build a diverse workforce, MOHELA encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities and veterans.
In compliance with the American Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with MOHELA, please call 636.532.0600 x3571, TDD 636.532.5189,
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Mohela - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
From the "Show Me" state comes Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority, one of the country's top holders and servicers of...