Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries. Our 162,000 employees create quality products, services and solutions to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings; lead-acid automotive batteries and advanced batteries for hybrid and electric vehicles; and interior systems for automobiles. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful. In 2011, Corporate Responsibility Magazine recognized Johnson Controls as the #1 company in its annual "100 Best Corporate Citizens" list. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com. JCI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and as such does not discriminate in its recruiting and selection process based on disability or handicap status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please call our Talent Acquisition Hotline at (414)-524-8999 and press option #0.
Under specific direction, develops long-term customer relationships with assigned accounts such as contractors, consulting engineers or owners. Seeks for Johnson Controls to become the preferred supplier of Security and Fire Systems and Services within their assigned accounts (“last look” with contractors, “default spec” with consulting engineers, “trusted advisor” with account owners. With assistance, ensures customer retention of assigned accounts. Partners with other sales representatives and/or agents to maximize profit generation from accounts through influence on specifications (owners, consulting engineers) and market pricing (contractors). Utilizes sales tools to plan and document progress as well as increase business opportunity in accounts. Achieves annual sales plan and obtains and closes sales on a monthly basis.
Builds partnering relationships with the assigned accounts to drive the penetration of the Security and Fire Systems and Services offering. Maintains frequent face-to-face contact with the customers who most directly influence penetration. Actively listens, probes and identifies concerns. Addresses concerns and performance lapses. Understands the customer's business and speaks their language. Develops credibility, loyalty, trust and commitment.
2. With assigned contractors, makes take-offs and bids the full spectrum of projects with the full spectrum of JCI offerings. With assigned consulting engineers, drives specifications of the full spectrum of projects towards the JCI offering. With assigned owner accounts, drives
3. Keeps management informed of progress and account status. Calls for assistance from manager to keep the sales process moving.
4. Demonstrates technical knowledge by writing the specification or matching the proposal to the building specifications to provide value to the customer and favorably position Johnson Controls.
5. Under direction, qualifies and assesses potential customers. Teams with colleagues on individual projects based on account assignments. Honors the credit split guidelines and refers leads to other business segments.
Develops relationships with internal operations and administrative staff to ensure customer satisfaction, and effectively and efficiently address issues.
7. Manages receivables balances in line with JCI objectives and policies.
8. Solicits support from and communicates effectively with internal staff to ensure customer satisfaction. Develops relationships with Solution and Service sales organization to exceed customers' expectations.
9. Utilizes applicable sales tools effectively (SMIS, Account Management, Account Plan and TAS) to plan and document progress as well as increase penetration of accounts.
10. Participates in professional organizations.
Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or related discipline required, or equivalent experience. A minimum of two years of progressive field sales experience. Excellent initiative, and interpersonal communications skills. Demonstrated ability to influence the market at key levels. Ability to travel 50%.
Building Efficiency North America
Johnson Controls, Inc. (Johnson Controls) provides automotive interiors, products and services that optimize energy usage in buildings and...