is a premier institutional pharmacy services provider, dedicated to providing quality patient care and innovative pharmacy solutions to institutional customers and patients in long-term care settings. With nearly $2 billion in annual revenues,
second largest institutional pharmacy company in America
operates more than 100 institutional pharmacies in over 40 states and serves nursing facilities that care for approximately 350,000 patients.
is recruiting a
Per Diem Pharmacy Technician II
to join our team
working various hours and days
. Successful candidate will provide pharmaceutical services to long term care residents in a manner that maximizes quality and patient safety.
- Working under direct supervision of a Registered Pharmacist, fills prescriptions and prepares I.V.s according to PharMerica´s standards of quality, customer service, productivity guidelines, and State Board of Pharmacy regulations.
- Works with Billing Supervisor to enter data into computer system to fill prescriptions and to obtain reimbursement/payment.
- Works under direct supervision of a Registered Pharmacist in prepackaging medication for dispensing according to government regulations.
- Assists the Pharmacist in final checking of filled prescriptions, which may include staging the medication for R.Ph final review and/or packaging of medication post R.Ph final review and coordinating accurate and timely delivery to the customer.
- Assists Pharmacy Management in maintaining good inventory practices which may include receiving and rotating incoming medications and supplies, posting lot numbers, expiration dates and assisting in physical inventory..
- Works with Technician Supervisor in maintaining a clean, safe work environment, checking equipment for calibration, safety and cleanliness.
- Maintains current State Pharmacy Technician license in States requiring licensing and certification.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1+ years experience in a long-term care, retail, or hospital pharmacy
- Order entry and insurance billing experience required
- State Pharmacy Technician License if required by state
- Must be able to work weekends
- Data entry skills, detail oriented, ability to multi-task
- Must be flexible and able to work on an as needed basis
Interested candidates please apply on-line
PharMerica - 2 years ago
The only time you'll see PharMerica's products is when a nurse hands you a pill in a paper cup. It is the country's...