JOB TITLE : DENTAL ASSISTANT II
DEPARTMENT : ORAL HEALTH CARE INITIATIVE (PITTSBURG/CONCORD REGION)
CLASSIFICATION : REGULAR FULL-TIME 100% (BASED ON 40 HR WORK WEEK)
REPORTS TO : DENTAL SUPERVISOR
STATUS : NON-EXEMPT (UNION POSITION)
SALARY : $37,547.92 FTE + FRINGE BENEFITS
APPLICATION DEADLINE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
POSITION AVAILABLE: NOW
ABOUT THE POSITION : Under general direction of the Dental Supervisor, is responsible for overseeing the implementation of scheduling and coordination into various sites for dental screenings and dental treatment and is responsible for the registration of patients scheduled to be seen through the Oral Health Initiative. This position interacts closely with the Dental Supervisor in the implementation of the Oral Health Initiative. The individual hired in this position will be required to work on some Saturdays.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
1. Must have a Registered Dental Assistant license complemented by 2-3 years of experience in a dental setting and possess a California x-ray license.
2. Ability to follow oral/written instructions, perform detailed clerical work in a methodical and thorough manner with speed and accuracy, strong organizational skills.
3. Knowledge of dental terminology, office practices, and procedures including registration and insurance verification preferred.
4. School based/health fair dental experience desirable.
5. Ability to work independently and adapt to changing priorities in scope of project.
6. Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills such as customer service, team building and conflict resolution skills.
7. Ability to interact and work well with children, adults and seniors.
8. Must have transportation with adequate insurance to travel between and work at different sites in East County.
9. Bilingual English/Spanish strongly preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide oversight and coordination of dental screening and dental treatment into the various sites our dental teams will be assigned to.
2. Establish and maintain effective professional business relationships with all levels of the Oral Health Care Initiative.
3. Assist the Dental Supervisor with support department’s requests such as IT and MIS in order to meet necessary timelines.
4. Provide classes in oral health care to staff from Community Health Education.
5. Responsible for the registration of patients that come through the Oral Health Care Initiative; including but not limited to demographic, income verification and insurance verification.
6. Attends meetings as required.
7. Ability to be cross-trained with front desk duties.
8. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
La Clínica de La Raza, Inc. - 9 months ago