Reports to: Software Engineering Manager
As a Software Engineer , you’ll be building tools used by our internal business users. Projects can vary greatly, and require regular interaction with cross-functional teams. We’re always building something new, from data collection services to be launched across our internal business units, to creating an application that allows internal users to better manage mathematical models. In most cases, you’ll rarely be bored by fixing bugs or building widgets.
Your first weeks with Enova will involve total immersion. What better way to learn a new technology than to jump right in? You’ll be provided with books and materials so you can educate yourself, as well as a manager and support system to get the help you need. Questions are always encouraged, because inquisitive minds are what make our team great. No matter what level you come in at, within weeks you’re likely to have code on our Cashnet production website.
At Enova, we believe in open source tools , working with an application stack that includes Ruby, Rails, PostgreSQL, and Debian Linux. Other tools you’ll probably interact with include RESqueue, HTML5 and CSS3, Cucumber and more. We intend to stay on the cutting edge of technology and believe a flexible framework is what builds the foundation of our business. Enova typically releases two new products a year, and averages two code releases per day. This is still too slow! We want more products, more releases, and are creating a solid, stable, and flexible infrastructure to accomplish this goal.
All in all, exceptional software engineers are vital to Enova’s business. We aim to maintain an awesome culture where we enjoy our coworkers, create exceptional code, and continue to work on challenging problems. If this is the type of position you’re seeking, keep reading and apply!
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- A passion for creating code and using open source technologies
- Ability to work independently and in cross-functional teams
- Experience with object-oriented Perl, Python, Java, or PHP
- Proven ability to manage deadlines and drive projects to completion
- Proficiency in Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- GPA of 3.3 or greater
- Successful completion of at least one internship, co-op, or programming related position not directly affiliated with coursework
- Superior analytic and logic skills
Enova Financial - 18 months ago
If cash is king, then Cash America International is king of pawns. Ruling over a kingdom of more than 900 stores operating as Cash America...