Senior Marketing Analyst
The Sr. Marketing Analyst’s key responsibility is to provide strategic customer lifecycle marketing recommendations based on analysis of large multi-dimensional datasets.
This position is a great opportunity for an analytically inclined individual to learn the nuances of our different customer profiles and help manage the most effective contact strategy. This will require the individual to have a deep understanding of our customer base, profitability metrics, and data manipulation and forecasting. The ideal candidate would be able to make recommendations but also project manage strategic initiatives that support the various target marketing efforts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assist in the maximization of customer retention rates and lifetime value for all brands. Based on experience, primary tasks may focus on:
1) Development and execution of contact and promotional strategy.
2) Exploratory data analyses that further our customer understanding
3) Market research design and implementation
4) Assist in developing and executing retail marketing strategy
5) Conduct and summarize competitor analyses
6) Cost estimates and P&L analyses
7) Execute circulation strategy and mail plans
• Support other departments by analyzing and summarizing requested information from marketing datamart.
• Strong proficiency in using database query and reporting software, including SQL and SmartFocus.
• Use a variety of analytical techniques to design tests, report findings, and forecast future impact to the business.
• Perform ad hoc data analysis and reporting as needed.
• Ensure rigorous quality control over data, analyses and metrics.
• Stay aware of new marketing initiatives, database trends and technology advancements. Offers suggestions and drives programs to capitalize on new sales opportunities.
• Communication and presentations to other departments and Leadership of key analysis findings and recommendations for future.
Qualifications and Requirements:
The requirements listed below represent the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required, to perform job function:
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Mathematics, Marketing, Economics, or Science.
• Minimum 2 years of analytical experience required, preferably in the direct marketing industry.
• A high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Excel is required.
• Experience working with relational databases, analytic tools, and reporting software is required.
• Experience with SQL programming is highly desirable.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
• Attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently
• Deadline oriented
• Ability to work both independently and as a team member
Plow & Hearth - 17 months ago
Plow & Hearth is a national catalog, retail, and internet company specializing in "Products for Country Living." We make our...