Are you ready to deliver?
Safeway Inc., a Fortune 100 Company, is one of the largest food and drug retailers in North America with 1,300+ stores across the United States. The Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of shoppers.
Safeway customers also shop online and Safeway.com Delivery Drivers deliver orders to homes and businesses within a designated area. Our drivers work independently and specialize in delivering world class customer service, ensuring an efficient and satisfying Safeway experience.
Safeway.com is currently accepting applications for part-time Delivery Drivers. This is a fast paced, independent position that involves lifting, lowering, and carrying groceries that typically weigh 15 – 50 lbs. Delivery Drivers must have excellent customer interaction and driving skills. Qualified candidates must have a valid driver’s license issued within the state that they live in and are expected to comply with Safeway.com appearance guidelines and wear company-provided shirts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Operate company provided truck in accordance with company safety policies & procedures
- Deliver customer orders to homes and/or places of business within established time frames
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with customers
- Ensures customer delivery questions are accurately answered
- Physically loading and unloading delivery trucks
- Maintain accurate transportation logs including vehicle inspection reports on a daily basis
• Excellent customer service skills
• One year of paid driving experience preferred
• Flexible work availability preferred
• Excellent driving and route mapping skills
• Ability to work safely and quickly in a fast paced environment
• Ability to lift from ground level to overhead, carry and maneuver items weighing up to 50 lbs.
• Valid driver’s license with a history of no more than one moving violation, no suspensions or not at fault accidents within the last three years, and no DUI/DWI within the past seven years
• Neat and professional appearance required. No visible tattoos of an offensive nature, no unconventional piercing(s)
• Well trimmed facial hair on male Drivers is acceptable, including full and partial beards.
• Eighteen years of age or older (19 for Arizona, 21 for Virginia , Washington and Oregon)
• Frequent maneuvering in and out of delivery truck
• Walking and climbing steps and stairs on a frequent basis while carrying groceries
• Two handed lifting, pushing, handling, and carrying totes on a frequent basis
• Sustained squatting, kneeling, stooping and bending while moving totes
• Two handed pushing, pulling and lifting of loaded and unloaded totes in and out of truck cargo area
Prospective candidates will go thorough pre-employment interviews and job offers are contingent upon successful completion of criminal, motor vehicle, and sex offender background checks, as well as a pre-employment drug test. New hires will be required to attend 5 days of training.
Safeway.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Safeway Corp. - 4 months ago