Requires a Bachelor’s degree in business administration, or in another field related to the specialization of the agency and position to be filled and three years of work experience that included contract and/or grant preparation, monitoring, and/or administration. Individuals will be required to obtain a Level III Procurement Certification. Successful completion of the interview process, reference checks and background investigation. Application Procedures:
Applicants must submit a cover letter, State of ND Application for Employment (SFN10950) , and a detailed resume to the Office of the Adjutant General, ATTN: Cindy Pazdernik, P.O. Box 5511, Bismarck, ND 58506-5511 or fax to (701) 333-2082 or send via e-mail to email@example.com
Application forms are available from any ND Job Service office, Human Resource Management Services, or on the web at www.nd.gov/hrms
Applicants who are residents of North Dakota and eligible to claim veteran’s preference must include a copy of your Report of Separation Form DD-214. Claims for disabled veteran’s preference must also include Form DD-214 and a letter less than one year old from the Dept of Veteran’s Affairs indicating disability. Claims for preference as the eligible spouse of a disabled or deceased veteran must include Form DD-214, a marriage certificate, and a letter less than one year old from the Dept. of Veteran’s Affairs indicating disability, or the veteran’s death certificate.
Contact Cindy Pazdernik at (701) 333-2082 for more information or if you need accommodation or assistance in the application or interview process.
ND Relay Number: 1-800-366-6888
Summary of Work:
Plans, organizes and executes a full spectrum of complex contracting and procurement operations to ensure that all necessary services and materials are acquired for the construction of new facilities and the maintenance of existing facilities. Work includes issuing bids for building construction and maintenance and repair projects; purchasing commodities and services; preparing, negotiating and managing contracts; and providing procurement assistance to other agency branches. Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
Note : The duties listed are not intended to be all-inclusive. Duties assigned an individual employee are at the discretion of the appointing authority.
- Receive, review, and process requests for purchases.
- Research, write, and distribute solicitations for a variety of commodities, services and construction projects; evaluate responses; award contracts; respond to any protests; and perform contract administration.
- Make determinations regarding types of purchases such as limited competitive, non-competitive, and emergency purchases.
- Provide technical assistance regarding procurement laws, rules and procedures.
- Write Military Construction Cooperative Agreements.
- Prepare and submit funding requests to National Guard Bureau (NGB).
- Develop and/or revise contract documents as required by state statutes or federal regulations.
- Develop agency purchasing and contracting policies and procedures and provide guidance to other divisions.
- May provide indirect supervision and training of various Level I and Level II procurement personnel.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office software.
- Familiarity with web based software applications.
As employers, the State of North Dakota and political subdivisions prohibit smoking in all places of state and political subdivision employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
North Dakota State Government - 17 months ago