Sr. Storage Engineer
* Communicates complex ideas effectively with stakeholders of varying technical depth and position in the organization.
* Builds skills in co-workers through cross-training and mentoring, taking every interaction as an opportunity to learn or teach.
* Works with efficiency and attention to detail - independently, with the DCS team, or as part of a virtual team.
* Troubleshoots complex problems quickly and expertly, marshalling resources from other teams as necessary.
* Manages tasks by priority, delivers results on time, escalates before blocking issues impact deadlines.
* Gains commitment by quantifying and communicating business value to stakeholders.
* Guides customers to define their requirements and chooses the best way to achieve them.
* Writes detailed, easy-to-follow documentation as a part of every new or repeatable task.
* 2+ years experience with HP XP or HDS USP/VSP SAN storage platforms * 2+ years experience with EMC Clariion/Celerra Storage
* +2 years experience supporting high-performance Linux server configurations (Ubuntu, Debian or equivalent) and storage technologies in a 24x7 enterprise environment: o Unattended/automated builds o Performance monitoring and tuning o Network configuration and troubleshooting o Patch / vulnerability management, security best practices
* 2+ years experience supporting Windows servers in an enterprise environment with large amounts of SQL Servers and clusters
* 2+ years experience supporting a large Vmware ESX environment
* 2+ years experience with Backup Technology (Veritas, Networker, Commvault)
* 2+ years experience with Brocade SAN switches
Skills / Specialized Knowledge/ Competencies:
* Deep understanding of TCP/IP fundamentals and related protocols and applications: o NFS o DNS (bind or equivalent) o HTTP (Apache) o DHCP o FTP o SSH
* Shell scripting for automating administrative tasks or information gathering
* Solid understanding of server hardware, RAID technologies and their implementations, and SAN/NAS concepts.
* Familiarity with service management principles (change/incident/problem management, CMDB).
Highly Desired Skills but not required:
* Xsigo Systems Experience a plus
* Advanced knowledge of Python, Perl, or similar scripting language
* Experience with Solarwind's Storage Profiler & Orion
* Experience with Opscode Chef
Randstad US is a wholly owned subsidiary of Randstad Holding nv, an $18.8 billion global provider of HR services and the second largest...