Windows System Administrator position will be responsible for the full life cycle support of Windows systems both server and workstation at various locations. This Direct program position will require Windows system administration, workstation, and basic networking skill sets, support of which will be critical to for the program development, integration, test, and deliverable environments.
The program will require the installation and sustainment of several hundred Windows and Linux program infrastructure systems. The chosen candidate will support a heterogeneous mix of computer hardware and software platforms, including servers and workstations, and numerous COTS and customer software applications and will support a varied range of tasking from break/fix support, supporting recurring operations functions, and new system upgrades.
Candidate must possess ability to troubleshoot complex problems, automate tasks to ensure repeatability, create and follow documentation, plan effectively to complete tasks, and communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
+ years of experience directly related to Windows System Administration Windows Server and Desktop, including ability to install, maintain, patch, and perform security hardening
Proven ability to troubleshoot configuration problems and / or complex system problems.
- After hours on call support averaging one week a month and ability to work overtime as needed
- Willing and able to travel up to 20% to off-site locations for installations and maintenance work on short notice as needed
Experience with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) builds and package installations.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds in support of hardware installations.
- Must be a
US Citizen with existing DoD Secret or higher clearance
- Experience with desktop workstation collaboration products and protocols
- Experience with VMware
- Proficiency with Enterprise level administration of common network services such as Active Directory, DNS, TCP/IP, DHCP and troubleshooting as well as Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Windows 2008/Windows 7; HP hardware(i.e. server, workstations RAIDS, and thin clients); EMC Networker; SQL Server; and Linux
- Strong analytic and research skills - must be detail oriented
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and troubleshoot problems with speed and efficiency
- Requires the ability to effectively interact with external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations and vendors
- Communication and diplomatic skills a must; significant interaction with various segments of the program
- Experience in the following areas: Patch Management, Anti-Virus, Symantec Endpoint, Clustering, OS Upgrades, computer security and system monitoring and logging
Required Education (including
- BS, Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a similar technical related field, OR equivalent combination of education and experience (BS degree = 8 years relevant experience).
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN), with 2011 sales of $25 billion, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security and other government markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 90 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as a broad range of mission support services. With headquarters in Waltham, Mass., Raytheon employs 71,000 people worldwide.
At Raytheon Intelligence and Information Systems (IIS), we transform data into knowledge. IIS is a leading provider of intelligence and information solutions, specializing in ground processing, unmanned ground systems, cybersecurity operations, homeland security and other markets to resolve the most complex problems for our customers worldwide. IIS employs more then 8,300 people worldwide with major hubs in the Mid Atlantic Region, Aurora, CO, and national Headquarters in Garland, TX, IIS generated $3 billion in 2011 revenues.
Raytheon ("light of the gods") took a shine to its place in the upper pantheon of US military contractors; the company regularly...