The A/P Supervisor is based in Stafford, TX and reports directly to Accounting Manager. This role will manage the day to day activity of the staff, be responsible for adherence to A/P policies and procedures, serve as the primary contact for vendors, work closely with groups and subsidiaries across the organization, trains and evaluates staff in conjunction with the Accounting Manager. Also, this role will assist with other accounting and reporting responsibilities, such as inventory, month-end closing, FX, I/C, internal control, FP&A and special projects.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the Accounts Payable function including direct supervision of 2 full-time staff.
- Assists the Corporate Controller with oversight of the Expenses Reports and employees credit cards.
- Manages accounting functions including maintenance of general ledger, accounts payable and A/R cash applications.
- Research, analyze and resolve complex payment and vendor issues.
- Audit, maintenance and vendor's set-up / reconciliations.
- Respond to/research vendor inquiries
- Validates coding for the purpose of ensuring the accuracy of data input into Commerce Work system.
- Oversee and assist in the preparation of tax form 1099
- Assist with month-end closing tasks
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts
- Perform quarterly internal control self-assessment testing
- Create operational metrics and reporting that measure accounts payable performance and drive continuous improvements in methods and procedures
- Ad hoc projects
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 5+ year of experience in AP, and at least 2 years in a supervisor role
- Experience working with generally accepted accounting principles and accounting software
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of the application of data processing techniques to accounting systems
- Quick learner and multi-tasking ability
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to take ownership of assigned duties and tasks
- Team player
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently within minimum supervision
Cameron International knows how to work under pressure. A leading manufacturer, provider, and servicer of oil and gas industry equipment,...