The Doctors Company is fiercely committed to its mission of advancing, protecting, and rewarding the practice of good medicine. We are proud that our employees have helped to make us the nation’s leading physician-owned medical malpractice insurance carrier.
We are a financially strong company, with sound management, consistent leadership, and a history of uninterrupted growth. We offer our employees competitive compensation, incentive plans, outstanding career opportunities, an exceptional work environment, and an impressive benefits package.
The Doctors Company is currently seeking an Executive Assistant for our Marketing Department in our Napa, California office.
As an Executive Assistant, under general supervision, you will provide high-level administrative support to the VP Marketing, marketing operations manager, and marketing team. This position requires the ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. Contacts include TDC employees, vendors, physicians and agents.
• Associate degree (2 years college). Bachelor’s degree in business administration is preferred.
• Three to five (3-5) years’ experience reporting to a department head or executive.
• Heavy calendar management, requiring interaction with both internal and external executives and assistants to coordinate a variety of complex executive meetings. Answer phones for VP of Marketing and department. Greet callers courteously, handle calls in professional, manner; backup to department phones. Direct all incoming and outgoing calls to appropriate party promptly and efficiently.
• Make travel arrangements and process expense reports for the marketing department.
• Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner. Enter, modify and extract database information for projects as assigned. Maintain a project list with updated status.
• Coordinate human resource requirements for VP, Marketing, including time-off requests, KPI process and tracking.
• Assist with the budget process.
• Process vendor invoices for the marketing department.
• Order and maintain office supplies for department, including ordering, stocking.
• Assist with annual advisory board meetings (specialty advisory boards and executive advisory board). RFP process, online registration, mailings, confirmation and meeting packets, travel stipends, on-site event assistance.
• Coordinate participation in trade shows: registration/payment, ensure all deadlines for trade show requirements are met, exhibit logistics, order and confirm exhibit labor and services, confirm staffing, trade show giveaways, create show guides for attendees, distribute and track post-show evaluations from exhibit staff.
• Online Company Store: maintain store inventory, approve purchases based on set criteria, calculate purchases made and charge back to department(s) on a quarterly basis.
• Organize and maintain electronic and paper filing systems. Maintain and track the department laptop.
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office, including ability to: create spreadsheets and charts in Excel and create top-quality PowerPoint presentations.
• Ability to accurately type 50-55 wpm.
• Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent written, oral and telephone communication skills.
• Good editing and proofreading skills with attention to detail.
• Ability to work with diverse personalities and to develop and maintain courteous and effective working relationships both inside and outside the company.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of information processed.
• Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to employees and vendors. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions. Ability to document work procedures in procedure manual format.
• Ability to travel, if necessary.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The Doctors Company offers an outstanding benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, prescription, life insurance, business travel accident insurance, educational reimbursement, personal days, 401(k), and flexible reimbursement plans.
As part of the hiring process, The Doctors Company may require background checks, DMV records, and/or drug testing.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
The Doctors Company - 17 months ago
At The Doctors Company, we are fiercely committed to our mission of advancing, protecting, and rewarding the practice of good medicine....