General Purpose/Summary of Job :
To produce high quality educational materials for the pharmaceutical industry and other educational bodies to enhance understanding of the product/disease area, thus helping clients fulfill marketing objectives.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities :
· Research, write, edit and proof copy to the highest standard (scientific and grammatical) for a full range of educational materials for various audiences, including development of oral presentations, print items, and multimedia.
· Manage and coordinate materials through design/production to print-ready stage, according to Physician World procedures.
· Check proofs and printer’s proofs (text, layout, color, specification) and sign-off for print/production.
· Accurate/precise interpretation and incorporation of client/author corrections.
· Liaise with client, opinion leaders/speakers and Physician World staff to ensure full and documented approval.
· Provide direction for the development of creative designs.
· Develop and implement production schedules.
· Provide on-site support to meet client and Physician World requirements, e.g., on-site writing/editing/production, faculty support, A/V, data gathering, general assistance.
· Assist clients to disseminate marketing messages in the most appropriate format.
· Contribute to the development of new business and proposals wherever possible (existing and new clients).
· Production of materials/end-products to the highest standard, fulfilling the requirements of the client and direct manager, while meeting all objectives and deadlines.
· Effective interaction with clients, speakers, opinion leaders and Physician World staff at an appropriate scientific and professional level.
· Attention to detail – style/consistency, grammar, syntax, scientific accuracy, layout, etc.
· Good knowledge of a number of therapeutic areas, medical products and the pharmaceutical industry.
· Excellent project/time management and organizational skills.
· Excellent inter-personal/communication skills, including client/opinion leader contact skills.
· IT skills (including WP, database searching, graphics packages, Internet, etc.).
· Good understanding and implementation of Physician World operating procedures.
· Knowledge of print/production procedures.
· Budgetary awareness.
· Familiar with code of practice guidelines for medical copy/copyright issues.
· Familiar with drug development regulatory guidelines/issues.
Ed ucation/Experience :
· Advanced life science (PhD, PharmD, MS) or medical (MD, DO) degree;
· 2+ years’ medical/scientific writing/editing experience
· Excellent scientific writing style and ability to adapt to target audience.