A Whelan Security Account Manager must represent Whelan's 10 Core Values of Truth-Telling, Promise-Keeping, Respect, Loyalty,Empowerment, Discipline, Leadership, Flexibility, Quality Assurance, and Results while performing the following duties:
- Build, improve and maintain relationships with clients and employees, develop staff, and coordinate needed support services to effectively run the site/portfolio and meet or exceed financial and operational goals of the assigned account(s).
- Individual’s performance will be evaluated based on, but not limited to, achieving financial goals, developing staff and on providing quality customer service.
- Manage the recruiting, hiring, and training of over 500 part-time event staff and security officers working events at Arrowhead Stadium.
- Schedule staff to work special events at Arrowhead Stadium.
- Ensure proper inventory control of all company proerty that is used to provide event security services at the site. This includes items such as uniforms radios, bullhorns, cell phones, and computers.
- Circulate among visitors, patrons, or employees to ensure that we are providing a high level of service to our customer.
- Prospecting for new event sales opportunities in the Kansas City market.
- Ensure 100% complaince with all Whelan policies and standards.
- Ensure 100% complaince with all state, county, and city security licensing requirements.
Basic Qualifications :
Basic Skills :
- Ability to communicate effectively at a manager level both orally and in writing for the purpose of public interaction and report writing.
- Ability to perform essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality standard.
- Neat and professional appearance.
- Friendly and professional demeanor.
- Ability to provide quality customer service.
- Ability to supervise the mitigation of typical and crisis situations efficiently and effectively at client site.
Basic Attributes :
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of self, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong; It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Selective Attention - The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
- Inductive Reasoning - The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- Near Vision - The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Far Vision - The ability to see details at a distance.
- Deductive Reasoning - The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
Experience, Work History, and Education :
- 3-5 year's supervisory training and/or experience is preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older as required by applicable law or contractual requirements.
- Must be able to demonstrate a stable work history with at least one verifiable positive work reference.
- Have evidence of obtaining a high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Must successfully pass an extensive background screening which will include criminal record checks (local, state and federal), drug test, skills assessment test, interviews, and personality profile.
- Negative result on pre-employment drug screen.
- Must have no criminal convictions as specified under Whelan Security guidelines.
- Successful completion of Whelan’s Pre-Employment Assessment of Knowledge (PEAK).
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Whelan Security - 19 months ago
With headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri, Whelan Security is a privately-held, family-owned company providing contract security services...