Introducing Endless Mobile, access for the next billion.
Our mission is simple: we are connecting the unconnected. We want to change the world. And we are having fun doing it. We believe there is eloquence in simplicity. Strength in understatement. Brilliance in humility. If you are dedicated and passionate about making a difference, and to building something incredible, we should talk.
The Role: Software Engineer
Does the idea of building your own window manager, custom webkit browser, photo application, or targeted ad server excite you? This person will build the engine behind our Linux interface. This will begin with creating a slick window and ﬁle manager, managing multiple open source applications, and developing an API for our own applications. You will be busy. Linux background and familiarity with Python is a plus.
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent) with strong competencies in software architecture and design
- Proven experience with object-oriented software development in Python, Ruby, C++, and/or Java
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- The ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with other top-tier engineers all over the world
- Experience creating or modifying desktop applications or mobile phone applications
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Proven experience with GUI development
- Significant knowledge of Linux, and experience with Ubuntu
- Experience creating APIs
- Configuration management (managing packages, installations, versions, etc. on a large scale)
- Experience creating secure systems and verifying their robustness
- Work experience on an agile development team
EndlessM - 21 months ago