MechoSystems is the world’s leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of manual, motorized and automated solar-shading systems. The company provides innovative solutions for the design challenges of sustainability and WindowManagement® to the Architectural, Interior Design, and Engineering Communities. The headquarters of MechoSystems, which employs over 500 people worldwide, is located in Long Island City, N.Y., with manufacturing facilities in the U.S. and the U.K. (Phoenix, Az., Edison, N.J., and Milton Keynes).
Essential Function & Responsibilities:
We are a fast paced, custom manufacturing facility that is currently looking for a hands-on, proactive individual to fill our requirement for a Senior Buyer in our Phoenix, AZ facility. The ideal candidate will have experience with injection molded plastics, aluminum extrusions and metal stampings as well some basic electronic assembly experience.
Responsible for procuring production materials, supplies, and maintenance items in a make-to-order, fast paced manufacturing environment. The Senior Buyer will evaluate and maintain suppliers based on Total Cost Analysis.
- Support Manufacturing with the procurement of raw materials and components
- Effective proactive liaison with other departments as necessary to forecast, plan, and meet demand
- Identify and execute cost savings in both direct and indirect materials
- Develop supplier relationships to implement pull based procurement plans
- Qualify and measure vendor performance
- Locate alternative sources of material supply; domestic and international
- Work with project managers to reduce material costs in competitive quotes
- Analyze and maintain proper inventory levels for materials to minimize shortages
- Coordinate purchasing operations within company policies and procedures
- Work with accounting to resolve payment discrepancies
Education - Experience - Certifications - Licenses - Registration Requirements:
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of purchasing experience in manufacturing; preferably in a make-to-order environment
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in a Manufacturing, Engineering, or Supply Chain Management discipline preferred
- APICS certification a plus
Required Competencies - Computer Skills - Other:
- Working knowledge of ERP systems
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking
TO APPLY PLEASE CLICK THE APPLY NOW BUTTON OR EMAIL YOUR RESUME TO RECRUITING@MECHOSHADE.COM . PLEASE INCLUDE THE JOB TITLE YOU ARE APPLYING FOR IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR EMAIL.
MechoSystems offers a full suite of benefits including Health and Dental, 401K, paid time off, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer (EEO).
Please no phone calls or Recruiters. Qualified applicants will be contacted.
In 1968-1969, MechoShade Corp, then known as HomeCraft Drapery and Upholstery Corp, was working on a project in Atlanta, Georgia with...