Who You Are:
The UX manager is a team leader who helps define how the team vision is implemented. They are focused on high-level strategies and ensuring that the team is functioning efficiently. They focus on the right priorities and implement proposals that are in line with the team vision.
Your Next Challenge:
- Collaborates with project teams to define MVFs that are in-line with company, lines of business and UX team objectives.
- Serves as the point person to prioritize individual team member tasks.
- Ensures that team focus maps to company and organizational priorities.
- Represents UXD team in cross-functional work-groups.
- Gathers and coordinates support for controversial/risky UX Proposals (with product managers, business owners, researchers, development, etc.).
- Brainstorms at a high-level to vet ideas with the product and technical teams.
- Assists in the prioritization of requirements and understand trade-offs between cost, quality, and time-to-market.
- Advocates the importance of user experience.
- Can logically articulate the pros and cons for a design on the fly.
- Assists UX designers in obtaining project requirements and design direction.
- Maintains UX project board.
- Sets and approves general design direction for team members.
- Fosters team cohesiveness & excellence, and manages performance accordingly.
- Facilitates team adoption of processes and best-practices.
- Collaborates with cross-functional leadership to build relationships in which processes are optimized to meet the needs (of all parties) in as professional & efficient manner possible.
- Recognizes problems & responds appropriately; Seeks input from & communicates decisions to others; Able to make difficult decisions.
- Contributes as individual designer when needed.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor degree in Industrial Design, Information Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Graphic Design, or equivalent degree/experience.
- 5 years Design experience
- Senior level individual contributor design skills
- Ability to make wise choices regarding proposals that add value while staying “in scope.”
- Facilitate working meetings with business stakeholders to identify business objectives & requirements all of sorts
- Can accurately estimate resource requirements and design risk.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the visual language across the sites.
- Ensures that proper communication is maintained within project teams to ensure UX expectations are understood, client objectives are achieved, & UX deadlines are met.
- Contributes to advancing our design process, shared knowledge, and help to evolve the team over time.
Who We Are:
Getty Images is the world's leading creator and distributor of visual content and the first place creative professionals turn to discover, purchase and manage imagery. The company's award winning photographers and imagery help customers create inspiring work which appears every day in the world's most influential newspapers, magazines, advertising campaigns, films, television programs, books and Web sites. Headquartered in Seattle, WA and serving customers in more than 100 countries, Getty Images believes in the power of imagery to drive positive change, educate, inform, and entertain. Visit Getty Images at http://gettyimages.com .
Getty Images, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
Getty Images has an eye out for the big picture. The visual content provider is a major supplier of creative and editorial imagery,...